Budapest Business School
BBS is Hungary’s market leading university and largest business school with a professional history of 160 years, educating more than 17 000 students and having international students from all around the world. The university is offering full degree programs on bachelor’s, master’s and PhD level in English and Hungarian languages. The university has a broad international network with more than 200 higher education institutions in 40 countries on 5 continents and provides several double degree opportunities with various reputed institutions across Europe.
The university operates along the following strategic lines: fostering student success, applied research for business and social impact, partnership with enterprises, sustainable and responsible University. BBS is ranked on Webometrics as the #1 business school in Hungary, #33 in Europe, and #71 in the world among Business Schools in 2021.
As the first university in Hungary BBS was awarded international accreditation by the Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) in 2017.
The instructors of BBS are present in key professional organizations, they are experts in their field and passionate about teaching. The university has business partnerships with several hundred companies, which provide excellent career opportunities for students after graduation.
Scholarships & funding
Budapest Business School is part of Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program. This program is operated by the Hungarian state and offers 100% scholarship to talented students that can study at the most prestigious Hungarian universities, including Budapest Business School.
- Apply on the central application board of Stipendium Hungaricum and search for Budapest Business School programs
- Application deadline is 15 January for September 2022
- Make sure to submit all necessary doc and push the SUBMIT button
- You may expect a screening in your country (written and oral if necessary, based on the number of other applicants)
- Results are announced in June and July
Why study at Budapest Business School
- Established in 1857
- 18000 students
- 1000 international students from 80 countries
- 200+ partner universities
- 1000+ active corporate relationships including Robert Bosch, Citi Global, Microsoft Artificial Intelligence Business School
- Full scholarship opportunities
Several double-degree options in Europe and overseas
- Augsburg University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- University of Stirling (UK)
- Avans University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Shih Chien University (Taiwan),
- Thomas More University (Belgium),
- Universite de Picardie Jules Verne (France),
- University of Asturias, Oviedo (Spain);
- University of Le Havre (France);
- Hof University of Applied Sciences (Germany);
- Kempten, Duale Hochschule Baden-Wurttemberg Villingen-Schwenningen (Germany).
International accreditation in 2020 Faculty of Finance and Accounting was nominated the most popular Hungarian faculty
Awards & Accreditations
NIBS - Network of International Business Schools
AACSB -The Association
to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
International award to
Outstanding Data Collector Award GUESS Edition (2018)
Publication Level Award of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Excellent Mentoring Award given to 5 professors of the university
Student services & facilities
Services provided to students:
- Gym and sport facilities areas
- Career office, hosting virtual and on-campus job fairs each semester
- Scholarship and internship office
- Libraries at each campus
- Research opportunities at the Centers of Excellence
Budapest Business School has three campuses, all of them located in the capital city of Hungary.
The campus of the Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality and Tourism is located downtown, approximately 400 meters away from the Parliament.
Faculty of Finance and Accountancy is located in the 14th district, at an easily accessible part of the capital, while the campus of the Faculty of International Management and Business can be found in the 16th district of Budapest, in a lush green suburban area. It is easy to access the location by suburban rail (HEV) or bus.
The university has its University Student Union, which is the alpha and omega of solving problems, representing your interests and taking care of your needs as a student. Student Union organizes varies programs, parties in each semester.
Budapest is a city that also never sleeps and offers a number of attractions, whether you visit of for a long weekend or spend your universities years here.
Stroll along River Danube or enjoy a cool lemonade at Gellert Hill and enjoy the scenery of Budapest, which was chosen nb 4 most Instagram able city in Europe in 2019. Also a district in Budapest is seventh coolest neighborhood on Timeout survey in 2021. Check out why.
Budapest Business School offers various housing facilities to students. We have contracted dormitories and we also offer a number of private housing facilities to students.
Want to get more information about this institute and its programs? Fill out the following form and we'll pass it on directly to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!