Youth and Community Studies With Foundation Year
The Foundation Year will allow you to develop your academic study skills and build confidence in your abilities, identifying your own strengths and development needs for progression onto an undergraduate degree.
You’re a people person. You want to engage community groups in life-enhancing projects. Or maybe you have plans to help young people who might not have anyone else to turn to. But how do you start?
This course gives you a broad experience of youth and community work to help you find your own route to a rewarding career. With an equal mix of academic and practical work, you’ll have a solid understanding of current issues and the skills to make a difference.
- Benefit from regular contact with a mentor who’ll guide you in your career goals
- Take part in group projects to get a real flavour of what it takes to run a successful community Program
- Explore placement opportunities to enhance your career
- Keep your options open with the wide scope of the course
- Learn from Bucks staff with decades of professional and academic expertise
Foundation Year Modules
- Preparing for Success: Knowledge and Creativity
- Preparing for Success: Self-Development and Responsibility
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Ways of Learning about the Social World
Year One Modules
- Community arts and Issue based learning
- Informal Learning
- Youth and Community Models of Practice
- Safeguarding vulnerable groups and communities
- Public and private selves: identity in the digital age
- Personal and Professional Development 1
Year Two Modules
- Engagement, consultation and participation
- Networks, partnerships and capacity building
- Social Policy and Social Inequality
- Culture, subculture and Diversity
- Research and Project Development skills
- Personal and Professional Development 2
Year Three Modules
- Developing a specialist resource
- Understanding organisations
- Psychosocial theory and models of well being
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Personal and Professional Development 3: The Placement
- Community Interests, Social Enterprise and Business Models
Academic Year 2020-2021 Full-time Fees
- Home and EU: £9,250 per year
- International: £12,500 per year
The course is an ideal stepping stone for professional practice. Potential career areas include:
You could explore youth support work, community initiatives, charity work, social enterprise, or targeted community projects.
- Substance misuse
- Community development
- Youth work
- Family support
- Primary education
- Social work
- Charities and NGOs
About this institute
Bucks New University
“Shortlisted in the International category of WhatUni Students’ Choice Awards 2019’’ With a rich 125-year history, Bucks New University offers high quality, employment-focused degree programmes in a wide range of subject areas, from pilot training to business, and nursing...
Want to know more about Youth and Community Studies With Foundation Year? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Carson, United States of America
Angola, United States of America