Aviation Management For Professionals Pt
This one year distance learning programme will help broaden your existing understanding of the aviation sector, and give you the specialist knowledge of the industry and skills to have a successful career within the field of aviation management. As you will typically already be working in the industry when undertaking this course, you will benefit from the opportunity to apply your commercial experience and convert it into an academic qualification.
This course will equip you with a wider knowledge of the aviation business and enhance your leadership and management potential, helping to boost your career prospects. The main themes covered include global business development, strategic management, sustainability and its implications, financial performance, and the airline business and its structure. You will also be required to complete a research project as part of the programme.
This programme is taught completely via our virtual learning environment (VLE) and you will not have to attend any workshops at the University. This will allow you to continue to work within your field whilst also completing your degree from anywhere in the world, and study at times to suit you.
Your online study resources typically include; web conferencing, podcasts, vodcasts, online discussion boards, and blogs. You’ll be assessed entirely by coursework.
What are the course entry requirements?
The course would be suitable for any of the following:
- Qualified commercial pilots with at least two years of experience as first officers or equivalent
- Aviation professionals holding a professional licence such as an EASA Aircraft Engineering Category B licence or an EASA Air Traffic Controller (ATCO) License
- Those who hold a foundation degree or an HND in any subject and are looking to top-up these qualifications to degree level in an aviation subject and having at least two years relevant experience working in industry
- Professionals working specifically in aviation organizations such as airlines and airports who have at least five years’ experience working in the industry, of which at least two years are in a supervisory or management role
- Professionals working in closely related industries such as transport and logistics who have at least five years’ experience, of which at least two years are in a supervisory or management role
- Military personnel who hold technical foundation degrees and HNDs and are looking to obtain civilian aviation qualifications.
Several Qualification options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
This module map provides a list of the modules that make up your course.
Each module is worth a specified number of credits (typically either 15 or 30 credits for undergraduate courses). Compulsory (or ‘core’) modules cover key subject knowledge, while ‘option’ modules enable you to develop your own interests. For a full-time course you must take modules worth a total of 120 credits at each level of the course. The number of option modules you can take depends on the number of compulsory modules at each level. You can find more information about how your course is structured via the Academic Advice pages.
Our teaching is informed by research and employer requirements, and modules change periodically to reflect developments in the subject area. In addition, where we have insufficient numbers of students interested in an option module, this may not be offered. If an option module does not run, we will advise you as soon as possible and help you choose an alternative module.
For more information Visit University Website.
Part Time Home and EU, September 2019: £7,700
Part Time Home and EU, February 2020: £7,700
About this institute
Bucks New University
“Shortlisted in the International category of WhatUni Students’ Choice Awards 2019’’ With a rich 125-year history, Bucks New University offers high quality, employment-focused degree programmes in a wide range of subject areas, from pilot training to business, and nursing...
Want to know more about Aviation Management For Professionals? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.