Marketing and Media Communications
Digital technology is causing large scale economic and social disruption which is impacting on how people select and buy goods and services and their perceptions and relationships with brands. The old landscape of 30 sec TV ads and press releases is being replaced by a growing range of new types of marketing communications on an ever growth selection of media platforms and technologies, accessed on demand where and when the consumer wants. In the UK alone 62% of marketing communication expenditure is already to be found on digital platforms ( WARC April 2019) and the emergence of 5G technology will see this grow even further.
Clients, agencies, media owners, technology companies and management consultancies are all vying to provide marketing and media communications expertise for this new landscape. This is creating a demand for graduates with the skills that can demonstrate how to develop and deploy effective marketing and media communications in this new world. Based upon the successful experiences of our previous advertising and PR courses, and working with industry experts, we have created a course to do just this.
You’ll cover everything from basics of design and creativity, to how agencies, clients and media owners operate in this landscape, to the role of technology in the marketing communications process.
Our teaching team will cover new trends as they emerge and discuss the latest challenges global brands are facing. You will:
- Put your skills into practice with live industry briefs for brands such as O2, VW and Selfridges
- Boost your skills using our links with the School of Media and Creative Industries and Computing
- Start preparing you for your career from day one and explore different roles in the industry
- Be close to London and benefit from our links with big businesses in the City.
Year 1 Modules
- Global Business Environment
- Consumer Psychology
- Principles of Creative Theory and Practice
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Career Viewpoint
- Organisational Behaviour
- Data Insights for Business Decisions
Year 2 Modules
- Strategic Marketing
- Marketing and Communications Management
- The Media Business
- Modern Marketing Metrics
- Marketing Communications Planning
- Creative Content Development & Production
- Digital Business and New Technologies
- Customer Experience
Year 3 Modules
- Research Methods
- Digital and E-Commerce Strategy
- The Consumer-Brand Relationship
- Corporate Communications and Content Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications Strategy and Planning
- Dissertation (optional)
- Consultancy Project (optional)
- Strategic Ability (optional)
- International Marketing Management (optional)
Academic Year 2020-2021 Full-time Fees
- Home and EU: £9,250 per year
- International: £12,500 per year
What are my career prospects
By the end of the course, you’ll be prepared for a variety of roles, from communications planning, to client liaison, creative development, digital buying and marketing and media consultancy. Recent graduates are working with the WPP, Omnicom, Publicis and Interpublic Group agencies, for Sky and EY consultancy, whilst others have gone on to found their agencies and client companies.
And this degree could take you anywhere. We have alumni in China, USA, and Australia and across Europe. They keep in touch with us too – and we think this really shows they know their success story started at Bucks.
About this institute
Buckinghamshire New University
“Shortlisted in the International category of WhatUni Students’ Choice Awards 2019’’ With a rich 125-year history, Buckinghamshire New University offers high quality, employment-focused degree programmes in a wide range of subject areas, from pilot training to business, and nursing and...
Want to know more about Marketing and Media Communications? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia
Prague, Czech Republic
Bangor, United States of America