A skilled animator can create the illusion of real life. Explore acting, expressiveness, and have fun bringing a character to life in a physical space. Soon you’ll be captivating audiences with your characters. This course has been designed in collaboration with Creative Media Skills who are based at Pinewood Studios, which is where you will spend time studying as part of your degree.
Because Creative Media Skills are housed within the world famous Pinewood Studios they are in the thick of the film making industry. They are on top of the latest developments and have many links to current professionals, so they’ll make sure you learn the skills employers are looking for. Your lecturers at the University will also be experienced industry professionals and experts in their fields, bringing you access to both deep and current understanding of the industry as it stands today.
On this course you’ll have access to the right tools to kick-start your career in animation. We have purpose bought, up-to-date hardware and use industry standard software. Our creative briefs will give you opportunities to make your portfolio shine and stand out from the crowd.
- Get the best of university and industry with classes on our High Wycombe Campus and in the CMS facilities at Pinewood Studios
- Study on a completely practical course – we focus on what you need to know for a career in animation; you’ll keep a reflective journal, and give presentations like the professionals
- Small class sizes mean plenty of contact with your tutors
- The industry is all about teamwork; you will learn about industry pipelines and where animators can fit in
- Use our industry standard equipment, including a VR lab, renderfarm, and motion capture studio
What are the course entry requirements?
A typical offer will include GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above and a UCAS Tariff score of 80-96. A minimum of two full A-levels (or equivalent) is required. Every application is considered on an individual basis.
For more information about admission requirements, Please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year One Modules
- 3D Modelling & Pipeline
- Texturing & Look Development
- Lighting & Rendering
- Animation Principles & The Moving Figure
- Previz & Layout
Year Two Modules
- Character Animation & Performance
- Creature Animation
- Muscle Rigging
- Stop Motion
- Motion Capture
- Animation Styles
Year Three Modules
- Industry Production Project
- Portfolio Piece
- Creative Production Project
Academic Year 2020-2021 Full-time Fees
- Home and EU: £9,250 per year
- International: £12,500 per year
What are my career prospects
Because we put such an emphasis on real-world skills, you’ll be working on your career from day one. The course is based around the film and TV industry, but don’t let that limit your ambitions. Your skills will be valuable in any animation role, including comercials, games, web design, or any other situation that requries an animator.
Past animation and visual effects Buckinghamshire New University students have gone on to careers with small independents and big name studios, including:
- TT Games. (Warner Bros)
- Mediatonic Games
About this institute
Buckinghamshire New University
“Shortlisted in the International category of WhatUni Students’ Choice Awards 2019’’ With a rich 125-year history, Buckinghamshire New University offers high quality, employment-focused degree programmes in a wide range of subject areas, from pilot training to business, and nursing and...
Want to know more about Animation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...