Master’s Program in Industrial Economics and Management (120 Credits)BTH / Blekinge Institute of Technology
About this program
Master’s Program in Industrial Economics and Management (120 Credits)
Upgrade your skills. Advance your technical knowledge. Develop your competences in market analysis, innovation management, and business development with us today.
Turn technical knowledge into reality for the modern and dynamic business world
The Master’s Programme in Industrial Economics and Management is a two-year technical science education for you who want to broaden and deepen your technical education. The programme provides you advanced knowledge in business and organisational operations in a modern and dynamic business world. You will be equipped with strategic and operational skills with technical-related business and organisational development, product and process innovations, and management skills in knowledge-intensive enterprises and organisations.
Choose between two specialised tracks
The courses within the programme deal with complex problems and challenges many engineers and employees in technical roles encounter in their lines of work. The programme covers topics ranging from analysis of business dynamics and industrial transformation, technical-based businesses, entrepreneurship, to strategy and innovation among established, as well as new and growing, companies and industries.
The programme offers two specialised tracks, both with strong connection to the research frontier in industrial economics and management.
Track 1: Competition, production, and financial analysisis suitable for you who want to develop your skills in quantitative analysis and optimisation in connection to production, financing and investment issues.
Track 2: Marketing analysis, entrepreneurship and strategy is a perfect fit for you who want to develop your knowledge and skills in strategy and business development.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering not within industrial economics and management, including at least 30 credits Mathematics/Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Statistics. English 6.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Courses Autumn Semester 2022
- Economic Analysis of Markets, Firms and Industries
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Management and Organization of Technology and Knowledge Intensive Projects and Firms
- Globalization, Digitalization and Internationalization Strategies
Courses Spring Semester 2023
- Innovation and Business Development
- Finance and Investment Analysis
- Economic Analysis of Technology, Technological Change and Strategy
- Advanced Research Method and Design
Courses Autumn Semester 2023
- Applied Competition and Market Analysis
- Entrepreneurship and Strategy
- Strategy for Software Developing Firms
- Commerzialisation of Products, Services and Innovations
- Applied Production Economics
- Applied Investment Analysis
- Investments, Risk and Uncertainity
- * Valbar kurs
Courses Spring Semester 2024
- Master's Thesis (120 credits) in Industrial Economics and Management, 30 credits
Tuition fee: SEK 60,000 per semester
EU/EEA citizens are not required to pay fees.
Degree of Master of Science (120 credits)
Knowledge and Understanding
Upon completion of the program the student shall:
- demonstrate deepened knowledge within the main field of industrial economics and management regarding theories, methods, tools, and concepts used in the field,
- demonstrate deepened insight in current research and development within specified sub-areas within the main field of industrial economics and management,
- demonstrate deepened knowledge of methods within specified sub-areas within the main field of industrial economics and management.
Skills and abilities
Upon completion of the program the student shall:
- demonstrate the ability to use advanced methods and models appropriately within the main field of industrial economics and management,
- demonstrate the ability to choose, adapt, and critically assess methods to address a specific problem,
- demonstrate the ability to, independently and in a group, integrate knowledge, analyze and manage complex phenomena according to scientific principles,
- demonstrate the ability to critically, creatively, and independently identify, formulate, assess, and answer scientific questions within the field in a scientifically sound way.
- demonstrate the ability to orally and in writing, explain and discuss arguments and conclusions.
Message the school
About this institute
BTH / Blekinge Institute of Technology
Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH, has a distinctive focus on the digitalization of society and sustainability. Our task is to contribute to more sustainable societal development through higher education, research, and innovation. We conduct education and research at a high...
Why study at BTH / Blekinge Institute of Technology
Studies Tied to Real Life Demands
BTH offers student-centered and research-based education with clear links to wider society emphasizing creativity, independence, initiative, and entrepreneurship.
Our goal is that our courses and programs will give students opportunities to build a career within their chosen field. Our focus is not only on what happens during the studies, but also what happens after. Therefore, many of our courses and programs include projects tied to real-life demands and are conducted together with industry. This way, the students will gain insight into their future profession and contacts with potential future employers already during their studies.
Students at BTH are part of an international environment that provides them with the opportunity to build global networks for the future.
BTH makes the most of being a small university. Our students quickly get to know one another, and the study groups are small. Students can easily get in contact with teaching staff and other employees. This creates a rewarding, interesting, and safe study environment.
Research for Societal Challenges
BTH’s research is of great relevance and impact, and our findings provide significant contributions in the form of knowledge and innovations to solve the challenges
The research at BTH is conducted at two faculties within the fields of engineering, IT, spatial planning, industrial economics, design, and health sciences.
Despite its relatively small size, BTH has a great deal of research. Today, research and research studies account for more than one-third of our activities and we intend to increase that share even further. We conduct research in a large number of fields all connected by applied IT, which researchers approach from different perspectives.
Research is conducted in collaboration with both business and industry as well as society, and always with a clear focus – that the results will contribute to solving the challenges facing society.
Strong Research Environments in Urgent Fields
At BTH there are three research environments with funding from the Knowledge Foundation (KKS).
- One focuses on creating resource-efficient systems for the analysis of large amounts of data. The research is conducted in cooperation with a number of companies including Ericsson, Telenor, and Sony Mobile Communications.
- The other research environment focuses on the production of digital methods and tools to develop the next generation of sustainable products in the manufacturing industry. The research is carried out in collaboration with a number of companies e.g. Volvo, Tetra Pak, and GKN Aerospace.
- The third focuses on developing new working methods and methods so that Swedish companies can develop future software-intensive products and services in a competitive way. The research is carried out in collaboration with Ericsson, Sony, Telia Company, Handelsbanken, Swedbank, MaxKompetens, Time People Group, Tolpagorni Product Management, QTEMA, and Fortnox.
In addition, BTH runs a major project, funded by the Knowledge Foundation, aimed at developing visual and interactive systems focusing on the human being. The project is conducted in collaboration with WIP, Ericsson, Axis Communications, and Tobii Pro.
The unique health research clinic
BTH Research and Education Clinic is a unique clinic serving as a meeting place for research, education, and health technology product development.
Want to know more about Master’s Program in Industrial Economics and Management (120 Credits)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!