About this program
Executive Master Media Innovation
In close cooperation with international partners, Breda University of Applied Sciences has developed the executive master in Media Innovation which provides you with in-depth knowledge of digital media processes and bridges the gap between theory and practice in media studies.
The guiding principle of this program is that successful media innovations are often not brand new, but rather, they build on existing, recognisable elements. These elements, codes, are the building blocks that can be found in any media product.
In this master, we shed light on these building blocks from different theoretical perspectives. And, once you understand the codes behind a media product, you can make new connections. This is how you arrive at new concepts that are innovative and future-oriented.
The Executive Master Media Innovation starts in February with some twenty participants enrolling every year. In the current structure, with ten sessions of 2.5 days and sufficient self-study in the period between these sessions, students can obtain a Master of Arts degree within one year.
Chat live with students from BUas
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Breda University of Applied Sciences? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
If you want to apply to this executive master's program, you should have
- a bachelor's degree in the field of Business Administration, Media Studies, Communication Studies, ICT, or another media-related field. Applicants with equivalent industry experience will also be considered.
- 5 years (at least) of equivalent industry experience;
- proficiency in English (see requirements below);
- strong analytical skills, be creative, innovative and resourceful, and be fully conversant with the media world.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
English language requirements
You will also be required to demonstrate sufficient results on one of these tests:
- Cambridge C1 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- Cambridge C2 Advanced/ Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, with a minimum subscore for Speaking of 169
- IELTS test (minimum overall band score of 6.0, and minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- TOEFL test (minimum score of 80 internet-based, and minimum subscore of 20 for speaking)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The program covers 12 months and it comprises
- Four themes (44 ECTS)
- Industry case (3 ECTS)
- Final graduation project (13 ECTS)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Due to a grant from the Dutch government the tuition fee in the academic year 2022-2023 is€2,209.
This grant applies to students who:
- have the Dutch nationality or the nationality of another country that is part of the EEA, or the Surinamese or Swiss nationality and
- have not already obtained a master's degree from a government-funded program in the Netherlands at the start of the academic year.
If this does not apply to you, the tuition fee is €12,248.
Message the school
About this institute
Breda University of Applied Sciences
Breda University of Applied Sciences is a medium-sized, government-funded higher education institute. More than 7,000 Dutch and international students from some 100 countries are studying at our institute. We offer bachelor’s and master’s programme at professional and academic level in...
Why study at Breda University of Applied Sciences
Studying abroad is a very good experience. You learn about other cultures and gain a greater understanding of the world.
Want to know more about Executive Master Media Innovation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...