BA (Hons) Graphic DesignBerlin School of Business & Innovation
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
All available course dates
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
Why enrol on this programme
This three years/four-year International Route programme has been selected by BSBI from among the many prestigious international degrees offered by University for the Creative Arts (UCA).
This course encourages students to develop a creative mindset with the dedicated support of our expert faculty who have years of top industry experience. Your learning will be enhanced through teamwork, industry experience and stimulating live competitions.
Throughout this exciting degree, our aim is to foster new talent into creative leaders within the commercially oriented field of graphic design. From typography to visual corporate identity, you’ll meet the demands for UI/UX design solutions, websites and digital publishing. This is the guided pathway for our students to generate outstanding quality content for their successful futures within the communications industry.
Student Satisfaction Survey 2020 revealed that:
87% of students are satisfied with their experience at BSBI - Source: BSBI March 2020 Student Survey
88% of students feel their ideas are valued in their course - Source: BSBI March 2020 Student Survey
Why study in Hamburg:
- Hamburg shows it is at the heart of the creative industries within Europe.
Designers and illustrators can benefit from digitization and the positive economic situation in Germany, did you know the industry has had an average growth of 4.1% until 2014-2019 in the communication design industry? Source: Ibisworld.com
- Exposure to established creative agencies: Study in Hamburg and be close to creative agencies like Jung von Matt, Blynk, Serious, Paperlux Studio, Sum.Cumo. Better yet, be near to start ups featuring client portfolios reaching from BMW, Google, Airbus to Mercedes Benz and Mc’ Donalds.
- Opportunities Abound: Of 1.2 Million employed in the creative industries, over 30%, around 472k are based in the software/gaming industry. Source: Statista
In Hamburg, the software and games industry accounts for 28% percent of the workforce. Source: Monitoring report culture and creative industries 2019 on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). ZEW - Leibniz Center for European Economic Research GmbH Mannheim. Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI. December 2019
Minimum Age: 18 (titles awarded upon completion of at least 12 years of schooling)
During the foundation year of this course, you’ll be taught how to create an exceptional portfolio to guarantee you a direct progression into your degree course.
Academic qualifications: A school leaving certificate with a pass to pursue higher education in Germany e.g. Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or Matura. Alternatively, an international baccalaureate, international school leaving certificates, BTEC/national diploma or advanced vocational certificate of education will be accepted.
If you do not meet the above academic requirements, applicants with professional qualifications and/or four years of full-time work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
TOP-UP Entry requirements
- Portfolio submission: HTK graduates are not required to present a portfolio upon certified successful completion of their vocational training and are eligible for a direct entry into year 3 Top Up Degree.
English language requirements:
- HTK students are required to pass BSBI English diagnostics test which will be provided by BSBI in Hamburg.
English language requirements:
- IELTS Academic - Minimum overall score of 6.0 (with min 5.5 in each component) or equivalent test (i.e. Password Test, PTE, TOEFL IBT)
The English Language test can be waived and a medium of instruction letter submitted if:
- Applicants have achieved ECCTIS UK recognised high school certificate or above*, where the medium was entirely taught in English (teaching and assessment)
- You are a Canadian national who has completed studies at an English-speaking school/college/university
- West African Certificates (WAEC AND NECO only) with a minimum of C6 in English and issued within the last 5 years. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is also accepted with an overall grade C or above. For applications from Tanzania and Cameroon, we request an IELTS (or equivalent certificate)
- Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge AICE certificates
- International baccalaureate diploma with: English Syllabus A: Standard or Higher Grade 4, or above and English Syllabus B: Standard Grade 5 or Higher Grade 4, or above.
- Nationals of majority English speaking countries who have obtained their academic qualifications in that country do not need to sit an English test. This includes applicants from Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK and USA.
* A high school certificate can be an undergraduate certificate, undergraduate diploma, HNC, HND,CertHE, DipHE, etc.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The duration of the course is 3 years / 4 years including integrated International Foundation Studies in Art Design and Media.
- International students: €11,000
- EU students: €8,000
- HTK students (Top Up): €6,500
About this institute
Berlin School of Business & Innovation
Berlin School of Business and Innovation (BSBI) is located in the heart of Berlin and focuses on helping graduates to become exceptional leaders in their chosen field. Our school has three concepts at its heart: Enterprise Leadership Success Every course...
Why study at Berlin School of Business & Innovation
There is no denying that Berlin is an excellent study destination. With its blend of cultural heritage sites and vibrant nightlife, Germany’s capital has become a popular choice for many students around the world, particularly those seeking an affordable education.
Every course is taught in English, enabling you to learn without any language barriers.
BSBI also offers the free Executive Education course which is aimed at those wanting to take up leadership roles in their careers. This will help you stand out from the crowd, particularly in today’s competitive job market. BSBI prides itself on offering an inclusive and multicultural learning environment for students to thrive in.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Graphic Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
High Wycombe, England