BA (Hons) AnimationBerlin School of Business & Innovation
BA (Hons) Animation
All available course dates
BA (Hons) Animation
Why enrol on this programme
This three years/four-year International Route programme has been selected by BSBI from among the many prestigious international degrees offered by University for the Creative Arts (UCA).
The course aims to attract the best creative talent and join the fascinating world of animated filmmaking. We will ensure you reach your full potential as you work in an industry standard studio with state of the art facilities. You will be supported by an esteemed faculty who will guide you to find your own unique approach within the field.
Combining theory with practice, this course enables you to develop a series of short films through being taught via a blended learning approach. The curriculum incorporates latest industry technology and meets contemporary digital standards too, ensuring you are equipped with relevant software for the field.
Student Satisfaction Survey 2020 revealed that:
87% of students are satisfied with their experience at BSBI - Source: BSBI March 2020 Student Survey
88% of students feel their ideas are valued in their course - Source: BSBI March 2020 Student Survey
Why study in Hamburg:
- Hamburg shows it is at the heart of the creative industries within Europe.
Designers and illustrators can benefit from digitization and the positive economic situation in Germany, did you know the industry has had an average growth of 4.1% until 2014-2019 in the communication design industry? Source: Ibisworld.com
- Exposure to established creative agencies: Study in Hamburg and be close to creative agencies like Jung von Matt, Blynk, Serious, Paperlux Studio, Sum.Cumo. Better yet, be near to start ups featuring client portfolios reaching from BMW, Google, Airbus to Mercedes Benz and Mc’ Donalds.
- Opportunities Abound: Of 1.2 Million employed in the creative industries, over 30%, around 472k are based in the software/gaming industry. Source: Statista
In Hamburg, the software and games industry accounts for 28% percent of the workforce. Source: Monitoring report culture and creative industries 2019 on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). ZEW - Leibniz Center for European Economic Research GmbH Mannheim. Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI. December 2019
Minimum Age: 18 (titles awarded upon completion of at least 12 years of schooling)
Academic qualifications: A school leaving certificate with a pass to pursue higher education in Germany e.g. Abitur, Fachhochschulreife or Matura. Alternatively, an international baccalaureate, international school leaving certificates, BTEC/national diploma or advanced vocational certificate of education will be accepted.
If you do not meet the above academic requirements, applicants with professional qualifications and/or four years of full-time work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
TOP-UP Entry requirements
- Portfolio submission: HTK graduates are not required to present a portfolio upon certified successful completion of their vocational training and are eligible for a direct entry into year 3 Top Up Degree.
English language requirements:
- HTK students are required to pass BSBI English diagnostics test which will be provided by BSBI in Hamburg.
English language requirements:
IELTS Academic - Minimum overall score of 6.0 (with min 5.5 in each component) or equivalent test (i.e. Password Test, PTE, TOEFL IBT)
The English Language test can be waived and a medium of instruction letter submitted if:
- Applicants have achieved ECCTIS UK recognised high school certificate or above*, where the medium was entirely taught in English (teaching and assessment)
- You are a Canadian national who has completed studies at an English-speaking school/college/university
- West African Certificates (WAEC AND NECO only) with a minimum of C6 in English and issued within the last 5 years. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is also accepted with an overall grade C or above. For applications from Tanzania and Cameroon, we request an IELTS (or equivalent certificate)
- Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge AICE certificates
- International baccalaureate diploma with: English Syllabus A: Standard or Higher Grade 4, or above and English Syllabus B: Standard Grade 5 or Higher Grade 4, or above.
- Nationals of majority English speaking countries who have obtained their academic qualifications in that country do not need to sit an English test. This includes applicants from Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK and USA.
- A high school certificate can be an undergraduate certificate, undergraduate diploma, HNC, HND,CertHE, DipHE, etc.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The duration of the course is 3 years / 4 years including integrated International Foundation Studies in Art Design and Media.
- International students: €11,000
- EU students: €8,000
- EU students (Top Up): €6,500
About this institute
Berlin School of Business & Innovation
Berlin School of Business and Innovation (BSBI) is located in the heart of Berlin and focuses on helping graduates to become exceptional leaders in their chosen field. Our school has three concepts at its heart: Enterprise Leadership Success Every course...
Why study at Berlin School of Business & Innovation
There is no denying that Berlin is an excellent study destination. With its blend of cultural heritage sites and vibrant nightlife, Germany’s capital has become a popular choice for many students around the world, particularly those seeking an affordable education.
Every course is taught in English, enabling you to learn without any language barriers.
BSBI also offers the free Executive Education course which is aimed at those wanting to take up leadership roles in their careers. This will help you stand out from the crowd, particularly in today’s competitive job market. BSBI prides itself on offering an inclusive and multicultural learning environment for students to thrive in.
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Animation? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...