Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Master of Arts in Global Entertainment and Music Business
The master of arts degree in global entertainment and music business provides advanced instruction to guide and prepare music industry professionals to lead today’s global music industry as visionaries, executives, and entrepreneurs.
As a global entertainment and music business student, you will focus on the skills, concepts, and methodologies central to global business models and apply these models to the artistic management and entrepreneurial challenges of music and digital media in the contemporary international entertainment industry. You will strengthen your analytical and leadership skills, as well as your written, oral, and musical communication skills. As you advance your professional skills and knowledge, you will grow and excel as leaders of the global music industry.
Who We Are Looking For
We seek focused, motivated, creative candidates with excellent academic and professional backgrounds who can contribute skills that will benefit the program.
Global entertainment and music business applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree and demonstrate leadership, motivation, intellectual curiosity, and promise of great achievement in their area of study.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The master of arts program at Berklee College of Music is designed to be completed in three semesters of study–or one full academic year: fall, spring, and summer semesters. There is an optional internship that takes place the fall after graduation for those who want to do an internship through Berklee for credit.
Sample Curriculum Semester 1 (Fall)
- Copyright and Contract Management
- Music Business Finance
- Creative Entrepreneurship
- Music Business Seminar
- Optional Elective
Sample Curriculum Semester 2 (Spring)
- Music Business Seminar
- Practicum Course
- Graduate Career Seminar
- Elective One
- Elective Two
- Optional Elective
Sample Curriculum Semester 3 (Summer)
- Culminating Experience in Global Entertainment and Music Business
- Optional Elective
- Master's Advising
Sample Curriculum Optional Semester 4 (Fall)
- Graduate Internship
Practicum and Elective Course Descriptions
Students enroll in one practicum course directly related to their concentration (record industry, live entertainment, or entrepreneurship). This course takes place during spring semester.
Students in global entertainment and music business choose four electives to take. Electives are centered around five career ares of the music industry: artist management, live entertainment, production, marketing, and entrepreneurship. Students choose the electives that best fit their career goals and interests. The semester that electives are offered vary each year.
- Data Analytics in the Music Industry
- The Science of Artist Management
- The Art of Live Entertainment
- Music Brands and Partnerships
- Global Leadership and Management
- Economics of Creative Industries
- Publishing, Licensing, and Distribution
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Management
- Studio Video Music Production
- Electronic Dance Music Composition
- A&R and Music Artistry
- Global Music Distribution and Emerging Markets
Optional electives do not count in program total credits.
- Principles of Music Research
Scholarships & funding
Berklee College of Music, the world’s premier college of contemporary music, offers $1.5 million in merit- and need-based scholarships to prospective graduate students on Berklee’s campus in Valencia, Spain, so that the most gifted musicians from all over the world have the means to attend. Please visit the website for more information.
Program Purposes and Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the program students will be able to:
- Synthesize key financial indicators for business practice as well as individual professional development.
- Apply effective marketing and promotion strategies for music and entertainment businesses worldwide.
- Assess and create income and cash flow statements from corporations and balance sheet reports, based on collection and record of financial transactions.
- Develop study and research techniques applicable to the music and entertainment industry on a global scale.
- Apply copyright legislation, giving particular attention to rights licensing.
- Assess new markets and business models for music, both in the domestic scope and at the international level.
- Synthesize the influence of global markets into all aspects of businesses’ functions, including organizational behavior, leadership, and ethics.
- Illustrate all levels of organizational design, their functions, and their culture, exploring the impact of ethical leadership in all processes, whether they’re structural, technical, or practical.
- Evaluate the social, legal, and ethical challenges involved in the relationship between technology and business, including security, privacy, and reputation management through the internet.
All graduate programs at Berklee are accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.), which is internationally recognized as an authority on educational quality.
The Master of Music in Scoring for Film, Television, and Video Games; the Master of Arts in Global Entertainment and Music Business; and the Master of Music in Contemporary Performance (Production Concentration) are additionally accredited by Spanish educational authorities, valid throughout the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
Getting a master's degree in global entertainment and music business opens you to a world of possibilities in the music industry and beyond. After graduating, many students work in the world's leading music industry companies in areas such as artist management, music publishing, music supervision etc. Others opt to start their own ventures as entrepreneurs.
About this institute
Berklee College of Music - Valencia Campus
Berklee’s campus in Valencia is the first international campus established by the renowned Berklee College of Music - and its first campus outside of Boston. Located in the iconic City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia, Spain, the magnificent 3,600...
Want to know more about Master of Arts in Global Entertainment and Music Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...