About this program
M.Sc. in Hydrology & Water Quality
Drylands occupy more than one-third of the earth's land surface, including most of the Middle East and Israel. Dwindling water supplies and deteriorating water quality impede the sustainable development of drylands and the well-being of their growing population. The aim of this program is to introduce students to cutting-edge research and graduate education in water sciences, aimed at improving human life in drylands through technologies and policies for the sustainable use of water resources
A B.Sc. degree in either science or engineering from an accredited institution.
A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their B.Sc. degree in a program taught in English.
Applicants are expected to contact by e-mail one or more potential supervisors with whom they would like to work on their thesis (for more details, please refer to "Faculty Members").
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- General Chemistry B
- Introduction to Analytic Chemistry B
- Mathematics of Systems 2
- Physics 1 for Life Science and Geology
- Introduction to Physical Chemistry 1
- Introduction to Probability B
- Introduction to Statistics B
- General Chemistry Laboratory
- Physics 2 for Life Science and Geology
Additional supplementary courses
- Geology of Israel
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry
- Introduction to Physical Chemistry 2
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Goal of the curriculum:
- Training skilled professionals for the fields of hydrology, water treatment and desalination.
- Preparing skilled professionals for the fields of hydrology, water treatment and desalination (including: water production, estimation of surface and underground water and solute movement, chemical and biochemical evaluation of underground water and contaminants, operations research and optimization of water systems and more).
- To provide students with a strong background in fundamental and applied aspects of physical, chemical and microbiological processes in aquatic environment and creating unique capabilities for addressing future needs of society.
- Bestowing knowledge in the subjects of flow and transport processes of water, solutes, and solids and separate phases in soil-water, in ground-water and in surface water.
- Provide knowledge in the subjects of water and wastewater treatment, including biological treatments, physicochemical treatments and desalination processes.
- In particular, intensifying and expanding the study of membrane technologies related to desalination methods and waste water treatment processes.
- To prepare students for PhD studies in water related programs
- To take advantage of ZIWR strengths in both engineering and hydrological & microbiological sciences to professionally prepare individuals to succeed in multidisciplinary, team-oriented environments.
Message the school
About this institute
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
The extraordinary and groundbreaking achievements of our researchers, students and graduates are not only a result of the advanced research and teaching infrastructure and excellent study conditions, but also of the unique way of studying, living and working at Ben-Gurion...
Want to know more about M.Sc. in Hydrology & Water Quality? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!