Sociology BSc (Hons)
You’re taught about society, social groups and social organisation. You’ll learn about social problems and social policies.
Learn how to make sense of social change and conflict, and gain a good understanding of social differences, inequalities and social divisions.
Apply your knowledge and skills to specific problems and issues to help you become a good decision-maker.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. Typical offers include A-level grades CCC, preferably in a related subject.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
This course offers or includes the following modules. The modules you take will depend on your pathway or course combination (if applicable) as well as any optional or open modules chosen. Please check the programme document (below the main image on this page) for more information.
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Questioning Society
- Visualising the 21st Century World
- Power / Resistance
- Global Development
- The World in Ten Objects
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Sociological Debates
- Social Science Research Methods
- Migration: Identity, Belonging, Citizenship and Security
- The Life Course: Ageing and Generation
- Crime, Law and Society
- Sociology of Education
- Future Cities
- Climate and Society
- Health: Mind, Body, Society
- Social Problems, Social Divisions, Social Justice
- Media, Sociality and Everyday Life
- Work placement
- Professional Placement Year
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Research Design
- Research Study
- Gender in Society: Critical Perspectives
- Exploring Violence
- Culture, Risk and Environmental Justice
- Community Engagement
- Work, Identities and Organisations
- Sociological fieldwork
- Ethnicity and Society
- Punishment and Penology in Global Context
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £9,250
UK and EU students part time for year 1 is £4,625
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £13,300
A Sociology degree is useful for any career that involves working with people, either in the private, public or third sectors, typically:
- Management or administration in the public or private sector
- Human resource management
- Marketing and public relations
- Media or journalism
- Social work
- Youth and community work
- Health education or nursing
- Offender management and interventions
- Work in the voluntary sector and fundraising
- Social research and analytics.
Employers such as the National Osteoporosis Society, the Ministry of Defence, Wiltshire Council and Truro College have recruited graduates from this course. Students have also gone into roles including Assistant Education Officer, Student Services Assistant and Relocation Advisor.
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Sociology BSc (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...