Psychology BSc (Hons)
The programme begins at a modest pace and ends by opening up conceptual and career possibilities that you may not have previously considered.
We begin by introducing you to the five main psychological perspectives: biological, cognitive, developmental, individual differences and social, alongside research methods. Additionally, the historical and conceptual underpinnings of Psychology will be explored throughout.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. Typical offers include A-level grades CCC, with a grade C in Psychology or another subject (if Psychology is unavailable).
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
This course offers or includes the following modules. The modules you take will depend on your pathway or course combination (if applicable) as well as any optional or open modules chosen. Please check the programme document (below the main image on this page) for more information.
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Introduction to developmental and social psychology
- Introduction to comparative and cognitive neuroscience
- Introduction to psychological research design and analysis
- Individual differences: personality and intelligence
- The World in Ten Objects
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Qualitative psychological research design and analysis
- Quantitative psychological research design and analysis
- Social Psychology
- Biological and Cognitive Psychology
- Psychology of Mindfulness
- Abnormal/ Clinical psychology
- Forensic and Investigative Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Open Placements Module
- Health: Mind, Body, Society
- Science and Journalism Publishing
- Music Psychology
- Professional Placement Year
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Dissertation: Design and preregistration
- Dissertation: Research report
- Developmental Psychology
- Advanced Cognitive and Biological Psychology
- Counselling Psychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Social Psychology of Peace and Conflict
- Applied Behavioural Psychology
- Evolutionary Neuroscience and the Origin of the Human Mind
- Child and Adolescent Neuropsychology
- Psychology of sexual health
- Animal behaviour
- Somatics for Performance and Wellbeing
- Publishing Industry Project
- Music Psychology – applied and experimental
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £9,250
International students full time fee for year 1 is £14,300
Some of our graduates have completed, or are currently taking postgraduate education at the Master's and PhD levels. Graduates with single or major honours in Psychology (accredited by the British Psychological Society) can apply directly for postgraduate training, in order to work towards becoming a professional psychologist.
The majority of Psychology graduates, across the country, do not become professional psychologists. Some of our graduates have gone on to train in counselling. Many students choose to undertake PGCEs and a number of these are gaining experience for Educational Psychology courses. Other students go into management, sales and advertising, probation work and human resources. Psychology is an attractive option since students learn both numerative/scientific skills and people skills.
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Psychology BSc (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.