About this program
PGCE Secondary Geography
This one-year PGCE with QTS will enable you to teach Geography in a secondary school with post-16 enhancement. The Program also offers 60 Level-7 credits with the chance to continue to a full Master’s degree.
This practical PGCE will teach you about life in the Geography classroom. You'll gain the knowledge and understanding necessary to reflect on your practice in order to improve your teaching and pupils’ learning.
You’ll learn how to focus on an overarching goal related to teaching Geography, as well as investigating research questions through collaborative and individual practices. You’ll also be given opportunities to explore the role of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and in particular Geographical Information Systems (GIS), in the enhancement of the quality of teaching and learning in Geography.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
- The curriculum in Geography. My emerging identity as a subject specialist teacher of Geography.
- Adaptive Teaching (Inclusion in your secondary subject)
- QTS - Secondary
- Subject Knowledge: Geography
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International students Full time: £14,400
Program Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs)
- A1: a practical understanding of the teaching profession that enables critical reflection and evaluation of your own practice, or that of others, informed by evidence within the Secondary school
- A2: a systematic understanding of current issues and developments in Secondary teaching, which is informed by a critical awareness of research and your own experiences within the classroom
- A3: a systematic understanding of theories associated with Secondary education that leads to sound judgements being made in their application, through practice and reflection
- A4: A practical understanding of teaching within a Secondary Subject area, informed by experience of Secondary School settings
Message the school
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about PGCE Secondary Geography? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!