Geography (Human) BA (Hons)
While Geography combines the earth and social sciences, we appreciate that you may be more interested in the nature and role of people and society, rather than analysis of the physical processes of landscape formation and change.
This award provides a specialist human geography pathway through our Geography programme. You’ll cover a wide variety of human geography themes, building your specialist knowledge.
You’ll graduate with a range of skills that are highly valued by employers. These include scientific techniques and computer skills, as well as people skills like communication, team-work and critical thinking.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. Typical offers include A-level grades CCC preferred with a grade C in Geography, Sociology Economics or Science.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
This course offers or includes the following modules. The modules you take will depend on your pathway or course combination (if applicable) as well as any optional or open modules chosen. Please check the programme document (below the main image on this page) for more information.
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Environment, People and Place
- Geographical Skills
- Applied Geographies
- Global Development
- Visualizing the 21st Century World
- A case study of Catalonia: Education, Space and Society
- Sustainability in Life and Work
- The World in Ten Objects
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Contested Geographies: Histories and Debates
- Geographical Research Methods
- Future Cities
- Hazards, Vulnerability and Resilience
- River and Coastal Systems
- Climate and Society
- Geographical Fieldwork
- Geotechnologies for Society and Environment
- Migration: Identity, Belonging, Citizenship and Security
- Social Problems, Social Divisions, Social Justice
- Crime, Law and Society
- Environmental Management
- Representing the American West
- Work Placement
- Professional Placement Year
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Geography Dissertation Part 1
- Geography Dissertation Part 2
- Advanced Geographical Fieldwork
- Identities and Inequalities
- Coastal and River Management
- Environmental Change
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Culture, Risk and Environmental Justice
- Community Engagement
- Work, Identities and Organisations
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £9,250
UK and EU students part time for year 1 is £4,625
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £14,300
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Geography (Human) BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.