Food With Nutrition BSc (Hons)
The course focuses on the food chain and issues that are important to consumers, such as nutrition and safety. We’ll equip you for professional life, with skills that will make you attractive to employers.
We offer a supportive, close-knit working environment. Class sizes are small. Staff and students are on first name terms, and you’ll be assigned a personal tutor from day one.
You’ll graduate with:
- A deep understanding of the impact of food provision
- An understanding of the role of nutrition on health
- Familiarity with the scientific principles and laboratory techniques used in the examination and analysis of food
- An informed attitude to ethical and environmental concerns associated with food production.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. Typical offers include A-level grades CCC, with grade in Music or a related subject.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
This course offers or includes the following modules. The modules you take will depend on your pathway or course combination (if applicable) as well as any optional or open modules chosen. Please check the programme document (below the main image on this page) for more information.
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Biological Techniques
- The Microbial World
- Global Food Issues
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Human Biology
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- The Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Human Nutrition
- Food Analysis
- Research Skills for Food with Nutrition
- Food Product Development
- Applied Microbiology
- Future Food: Food and Nutrition in the 21st Century
- Biology Work Placement
- Environmental Management
- Health: Mind, Body, Society
- Science Journalism and Publishing
- Understanding Classrooms
- Professional Placement Year
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Dissertation Planning for Food with Nutrition
- Dissertation Publication for Food with Nutrition
- Food Safety
- Global Trends in Food, Preservation and Packaging
- Plants and People
- Environmental Practice
- Medical Biology
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Food and Nutrition in Practice
- Enterprise: Creating Your Own Business
- Creativity and Digital Technologies in Education
- Publishing Industry Project
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £9,250
UK and EU students part time for year 1 is £4,625
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £14,300
Employers such as Oasis Foods, Kerry Foods, Leatherhead Food Research, Coldwater Seafoods and Ferndale Foods have recruited graduates from this course.
Students have gone into roles including:
- Food Development Technologist
- Research Technician
- Assistant Scientific Officer
- Product Developer
- Quality Controller
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Food With Nutrition BSc (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Newcastle upon Tyne, England