Education Studies BA (Hons)
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- The core disciplines that contribute to the study of education: history, philosophy, psychology and sociology
- The diversity of learners and the complexities of the learning process
- The development of schooling, teaching and education policy in the UK and internationally
- The wider economic, political and socio-cultural contexts of education
- Enquiry methods used in education
- Career options across the education sector
You’ll gain first hand experience of the education sector through the professional placement module in your second year. This is designed to help formulate your career identity and professional development needs. You’ll further learn how to present your ideas confidently in a variety of ways, know how digital technology is used for various learning and professional purposes and to work both collaboratively and independently.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. Typical offers include A level grades CCC.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
This award offers a range of core, required and optional modules that provide you with a firm foundation in the study of education that will enable you to transition into your chosen professional career in the sector or into further or postgraduate study.
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Education for Change
- Changing Education
- Introduction to International Education
- Working with Young People in the Community
- Controversial Issues in Special and Inclusive Education
- Philosophical Enquiry and Education
- A Case Study of Catalonia: Education, Space and Society
- Educational History and Heritage
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Issues in Education
- Professional Practice in Education
- Education and International Development
- Literacy Learning in a Multi-media World
- Supporting Learners with Additional Needs
- Critical Approaches to Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties in Education
- Environment and Education
- Sociology of Education
- Youth in Society: Power, Politics and Participation
- Values, Philosophy and Education: Dialogicality in Action
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Education Dissertation: Part 1
- Education Dissertation: Part 2
- Global and International Education
- Building Bridges: the Team Around the Child / Young Person
- Learning in Mathematics
- Creativity and Digital Technologies in Education
- Education, Policy and the State
- Childhood, Reading and Children’s Literature
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and Education
- Young People, Identities and Subcultures
- Professional Practice: Supporting the Dyslexic Learning in the Classroom
- Learning in Science
- Culture, Creativity and Society: Perspectives in Art Education
- Identity, Philosophy and Education
- International Perspectives in Early Childhood
- Symbolic Representations: Young Children Making Meaning
UK and EU students full time fee for year 1 is £9,250
International students full time fee for year 1 is £13,300
You may choose to work in educational and training advisory roles in a range of organisations including local community , youth clubs, businesses, local authorities, non-government organisations and charities, museums, art galleries and libraries or policymaking.
If you are considering primary or early years teaching as a career option at this stage and have GCSE passes (Grades 4-9/A*-C) in maths, English and Science you may like to look at our Education Primary and Early Years Program here leading to a guaranteed interview on our Primary PGCE Program.
For those interested in Secondary education and have GCSE passes in maths and English you may be interested in our Education Secondary degrees. These are taken in combination with your chosen subject specialism and again lead to a guaranteed interview on our Secondary PGCE Programs.
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Education Studies BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.