Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)
You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Social, cultural, historical, political and economic contexts of early childhood
- Approaches to working with babies, young children, families and communities
- An understanding of global issues and debates, such as young children as active participants in the lives and practices of families, societies and cultures
- The processes which shape early childhood and young children's lives, including ethical principles and children's rights
- Educational research and enquiry methods
- Skills which support participation, critical engagement, and intellectual independence.
In addition to this, you’ll gain skills that will make you attractive to employers. You’ll learn to present your ideas confidently in a variety of forms, use ICT for various professional purposes and work collaboratively.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. The main ones are listed below:
- A Level - grades BBC-CCC preferred.
- BTEC - Extended Diploma grades from Distinction, Merit, Merit (DMM) to Merit, Merit, Merit (MMM) accepted in any subject.
- T Levels – grade Merit-Pass (C+) preferred.
- International Baccalaureate - a minimum of 27 points are required.
- Access to HE courses - typical offers for applicants with Access to HE will be the Access to HE Diploma or Access to HE Certificate (60 credits, 45 of which must be Level 3, including 30 at merit or higher).
English Language Requirements for International and EU Applicants
IELTS 6.0 - for visa nationals, with a minimum score of IELTS 5.5 in each element.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Introduction to Early Childhood Studies
- Children’s Voices in Early Childhood
- Constructions of Early Childhood
- Research in Early Childhood
- The Holistic Child
- Children’s Participation
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Care, Development and Learning in Early Childhood
- Professional Practice in an Early Childhood Setting
- Issues in Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Pedagogue
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Leadership and Teamwork in Early Childhood Settings
- Play and Playfulness
- Early Childhood Dissertation: Part 1
- Early Childhood Dissertation: Part 2
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information
- UK students full time for 2021/22 Entry is Year 1 £9,250
- International students full time for 2021/22 Entry is Year 1 £13,910
Early Childhood Studies will provide the basis for you to work with young children in different early years settings and contexts. You may choose to work in educational and training advisory roles in a range of organisations including local community, businesses, local authorities, non-government organisations and charities, museums, art galleries and libraries.
You’ll also be able to apply for PGCE courses in teacher training – but if you know at this stage that you want to be a teacher you should consider our early years specialised teaching pathway.
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America
Alliance, United States of America