Cyber Security BSc (Hons)Bath Spa University
Cyber Security BSc (Hons)
All available course dates
About this program
Cyber Security BSc (Hons)
As businesses and the public sector increasingly generate and rely on data to function in todays interconnected digital economy, they need effective IT security strategies, and strong cyber security professionals who can enhance cyber resilience, help prevent cyber attacks and mitigate the economic impact of cybercrime.
This applied Cyber Security course aims to equip you with the knowledge, technical competencies and out-of-the-box thinking skills needed to meet the cyber security demands and challenges of the information age. Adopting a holistic approach to the field, You'll engage the systems, policies, sources of cyber intelligence, response strategies and investigative techniques required to counter the expanding scope and complexity of todays cyber threat landscape.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
Year one (Level 4) modules
- Fundamentals of Cyber Security
- CodeLab I
- Introduction to Computing
- Digital Forensics
- The Computer Industry
- Web Development
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Network Administration
- CodeLab II
- Intrusion Analysis and Response
- Cyber Resilience
- Software Project Management
- The Responsive Web
- Professional Placement Year
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Cyber Crime, Law and Ethics
- Research Project
- Securing the Internet of Things
- Cyber Offence
- Cyber Defence
- Critical Infrastructure
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International students Full time: £15,450
Program Intended Learning Outcomes
- Sector Context - Systematic understanding of current developments in the cyber security sector, and the ability to identify and critically evaluate emerging challenges, practices and technologies in the field.
- of cyber security law and regulation, and the ability to critically examine the legal and ethical implications of decisions in cyber security, including instances that present moral conflict.
- Systems - The ability to systematically evaluate business security architectures and their component systems to identify potential vulnerabilities and propose modifications that enhance cyber resilience.
- Tools - The ability to critically evaluate, select and deploy in a systematic manner specialist tools as required to address a problem in the field of cyber security.
- Threat Analysis - Systematic knowledge and the ability to critically evaluate current and emerging threat vectors and their associated threat actor motivators and geopolitical factors.
Message the school
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Cyber Security BSc (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...