About this program
Criminology (Distance Learning) MSc
This innovative, online Master's in Criminology is delivered as a distance-learning Program, and allows you to develop specialist knowledge of the current themes and policy debates surrounding crime, criminal justice, crime control, policing, penology and offender management. It equips you with the intellectual, analytical and research skills needed for understanding and applying criminological theories and concepts in practice.
The Program also provides an in-depth understanding of the interactions between politics, criminology and criminal justice, and the impact of public policy in these areas. You'll be taught by experts from criminological, sociological and legal backgrounds with professional criminal justice experience. You'll also benefit from research-led teaching, as well as strong links to wider criminal justice professions and industry.
Recognising your evolving needs as a student and professional, as well as the pressures of the modern workplace, this MSc uniquely allows you to not only choose between studying full-time or part-time, but gives you the opportunity to transfer to a campus-based version of the Program, should this better suit your changed circumstances.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
This course includes or offers the following modules. Please check the course handbook or definitive Program document for full details on which modules are core, required or optional.
- Advanced Criminological Theory
- Contemporary Issues in Crime and Justice
- Global Crime and Criminal Justice
- Criminological Research Design: Evaluation and Evidence-based Practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
International students Full time: £14,540
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
- A comprehensive understanding of developments in Criminology and criminal justice systems against the background of changing national and international contexts, and the ability to propose new insights.
- Originality in the application of knowledge, together with a practical understanding of how established techniques of research and theory are used to study criminology,crime and criminal justice systems.
- A comprehensive understanding of existing as well as new and emergent forms of crime in national and international criminal justice arenas, and the ability to propose systematic and creative solutions.
- Critical evaluation of methodologies and theoretical approaches in Criminology and their application in the systematic analysis of a range of complex criminological problems.
Message the school
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Criminology (Distance Learning) MSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Pretoria, South Africa