Business and Management (Accounting) BA (Hons)
We’ll help you develop as a person to achieve your potential through teaching you about accounting and how it works. You’ll graduate with potential for employment in different businesses; this could be an organisation, the private or public sector, a charity or possibly your own business. We aim to give you the skills to apply your knowledge in a wide range of situations in any sector.
Following a accounting pathway, you’ll develop specialist accounting skills. These include the ability to confidently interrogate financial information; understand costing concept; prepare overhead analysis sheets; make decisions employing marginal costing; and understand the nature and purpose of environmental accounting, and its link with social responsibility.
You can also bring in modules from areas outside the accounting pathway if you want to explore issues around a particular ‘theme’, such as sustainability or global affairs.
Chat live with students from Bath Spa University
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bath Spa University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
We accept a wide range of qualifications for entry to our undergraduate programmes. The main ones are listed below:
- A Level - grades BBC-CCC preferred.
- BTEC - Extended Diploma grades from Distinction, Merit, Merit (DMM) to Merit, Merit, Merit (MMM) accepted in any subject.
- International Baccalaureate - a minimum of 27 points are required.
- Access to HE courses - typical offers for applicants with Access to HE will be the Access to HE Diploma or Access to HE Certificate (60 credits, 45 of which must be Level 3, including 30 at merit or higher).
English Language Requirements for International and EU Applicants
IELTS 6.0 - for visa nationals, with a minimum score of IELTS 5.5 in each element.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Year one (Level 4) modules
- The Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour and Management
- Economics and Globalisation
- Managing Data
- Design Thinking for Enterprise
- Professional Practice
Year two (Level 5) modules
- Creativity for Business
- Innovation Management
- The Marketing Business
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Accounting
- Operations and Project Management
- Destination Management
- International Business
- Applying Economics
- Festival and Events Management
- Law for Business Enterprise
- Fashion Marketing and Management
- Work Placement
- Professional Placement Year
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Year three (Level 6) modules
- Managing Sustainability
- Business and Management Project
- International Marketing
- Management Accounting
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Enterprise: Creating your Business
- Organisational Strategy
- New Trends in Management
- Cross Cultural Management in International Business
- Business Placement
- Tourism: Contemporary Issues
- Creating and Hosting Festivals and Events
- Exploring Law in Business
- Business and Academic Skills
- Fashion Marketing Visualisation
- Successful Freelancing
- Leadership and Management
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university for more information.
- UK students full time for 2021/22 Entry is Year 1 £9,250
- International students full time for 2021/22 Entry is Year 1 £13,910
Employers such as Logica, NHS, Liberty, Ocado, IBM, Marks and Spencer, American Express, Sky and Numatic International have recruited graduates from this course. Students have also gone into roles including Business Analyst, IT Services Analyst, Project Officer, Business Development Manager, Account Executive and Brand Planner.
Recent Business and Management graduates have gone into the following roles: Sales Campaign Manager, Social Media Marketing Manager, Stock Purchaser, Financial Planner, Product Development Advisor, Supply Analyst, Data Analyst, Marketing Executive, Strategist, Operations Manager, Marketing Analyst, Management Analyst, Social Media Content Creator, SEO Consultant, Marketing Executive, Merchandiser, Specialist Recruitment Consultant, Retail Systems Manager, Client Services Manager, Media Editor, Human Resources Officer and Catering and Events Manager.
About this institute
Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University is a top UK university for creativity, culture, enterprise and education. Based in a World Heritage city and connected to a network of international partners, Bath Spa University ensures that its graduates are socially engaged global citizens....
Want to know more about Business and Management (Accounting) BA (Hons)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia