Postgraduate in Product ConceptELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
Postgraduate in Product Concept
All available course dates
About this program
Postgraduate in Product Concept
He works with two types of projects: one from the experimental aspect of design,and the other from the professional dimension of an external consultancy.At the same time, she participates inworkshopswith exclusive techniques and materials.
The Postgraduate in Product Concept is a professional course that offers two types of design projects for its students. At the same time, in the modules of Concept, Management and Representation, which are parallel to exclusive Workshops, the resources to face its realization are offered. The contents of these modules have a broad perspective and are also oriented towards other needs of the professional activity.
Some of these projects are research, are carried out individually and students agree to conceptualize from the field of Experimental Design, as an initiation to Design Research.Others of them, which also have an exploration and experimentation approach, are oriented to solve requirements that companies present to us.Until 2022 we have worked with close to thirty national and international firms that have entrusted us with prospecting issues within their respective fields.Elisava is one of the pioneering schools in the application of Experimental Design in academic projects1.Since the mid-eighties we have been working with this kind of projects to obtain advance information on the application of new technologies and materials.
Official university degree or equivalent to Design or Engineering in Industrial Design.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the school website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Product. Experience. Service
- Design map
- Company project
- Research project
- Digital expression
- Presentation resources and methods
- Protecting designs
- Communication resources
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Tuition Fee: €5,800
Postgraduate Degree in Product Concept. Awarded by UVic-UCC.
ECTS credits: 30
- Enhance the initial phase of the design process by:
- The application of creativity techniques.
- User-centered design resources.
- Experimental Design Methods.
- Find out about the current situation of product design, through the designers participating in the course from the most relevant agencies and studios in the sector.
- Experience the knowledge acquired by carrying out real projects with companies.These companies are producers and have their decision center in Spain.We collaborate with representative firms from various sectors of the industrial product.
- Provide solid knowledge about the latest technologies in the industry and the different materials offered by the market, in order to develop the product in the simplest, most efficient and economical way possible.
- Know the technological feasibility and production costs of a project in order to make the best decisions during its development.
- Study and assess the specific decisions that are made in a product development project through exposure and discussion of real projects carried out by companies.
- Learn to use different CAD (Computer Aided Design) / CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) tools that allow representing, visualizing and simulating the behavior of a product to guarantee the feasibility and proper functioning of the final product.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams for the management of new products.
- Ability to identify opportunities and define design concepts.
- Ability to carry out new product projects, from the conceptual phase to technical development.
- Ability to assess the functional, aesthetic, cultural, technological, economic and communication implications of the new product to be developed.
- Ability to apply the creative reference techniques, as well as the most effective expression and management resources.
- Ability to apply the acquired knowledge of material selection, transformation processes and structural and kinematic simulation, to the project of redesign or optimization of a product.
- Ability to use prototypes as a validation tool for business projects carried out.
- Ability to apply CAD / CAM / CAE tools, to generate any 3D geometry, quality rendered images and videos of assembly and operation of the product.
Message the school
About this institute
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
ELISAVA, Barcelona School of Design and Engineering, promotes education, knowledge and research in the fields of design, engineering and communication. With more than 50 years of experience, it has trained more than 17,000 students and it has established itself as...
Why study at ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
If you want to study engineering or design, this is your home.
Of course, you're not just going to study here... you're going to discover theories and tendencies, you're going to question pre-established ideas, you're going to experience new ways and build alternatives. We will give you the best tools to achieve it; your creative energy sets the pace.
You are our present and the future. We want to empower your abilities, lead you and connect you with the professional environment to enable your dreams so that they come true. We believe in a better world and we believe we can transform it. We're ready.
Want to know more about Postgraduate in Product Concept? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!