Master's Degree in Photography and DesignELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
Master's Degree in Photography and Design
All available course dates
Master's Degree in Photography and Design
The Master in Photography and Design will allow you to become a successful professional and develop the necessary theoretical and practical skills to be an innovative and creative image creator. Learn to visually communicate ideas and projects from an effectively multidisciplinary approach.
The Master's Degree in Photography and Design is a postgraduate programme based on the photographic practice that treats photography as an open discipline through which the student is encouraged to create extensive photographic projects of high complexity, and to explore the more contemporary approaches to photography.
The Master attracts students from around the world and places an emphasis on innovation, experimentation, and theoretical and practical practice in where students are encouraged to actively engage with contemporary photographic art practice through publications, exhibitions and participation in real photographic projects.
We consider applicants who have already achieved an educational level equivalent to an undergraduate degree. You can demonstrate this educational level by:
- Undergraduate Degree or similar university qualification.
- Professional experience equivalent to an official university degree.
- High level of Spanish (for the Spanish version) and high level of English (for the English version).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fundamentals of Photography
- Digital Photography
- Photography Equipment
- Photographic Context and Process
- Digital Design
- Uses of Photography
- Photography Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
Total cost of tuition: €11,000 (English edition)
Master's Degree in Photography and Design. Awarded by UVic-UCC.
ECTS credits: 60
On successful completion of the Master's Degree in Photography and Design students will have:
- Initiated and implemented an individual self-directed research project using research methods, materials, techniques and processes appropriate to design practice.
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of, and critical engagement with, the relevant practical, theoretical and professional contexts of their project and be able to situate and interpret their own work within this context.
- Demonstrated an ability to employ analysis, synthesis and evaluation to a range of external sources and to their own practice to inspire and inform the generation, development and application of original ideas.
- Demonstrated a reflective and evaluative approach to their own work which allows them to act independently in identifying, implementing and sustaining individual research and practice at a professional level.
- Demonstrated an ability to communicate complex and speculative concepts, methods and proposals effectively in spoken, written and visual forms.
- Identified the potential for their work within specific professional contexts and developed appropriate communication skills for engagement with this audience.
- Demonstrated an ability to use photography as a tool for communicating effectively concepts and ideas.
This course will provide students with an excellent opportunity to expand their photography-based art practice, extend their portfolio and develop focused contextual projects. The MA also will prepare students for a diverse range of careers within the creative and photographic industries, from commercial organisations to photojournalism and the arts. Completing the course will also enhance your employability, offering you a broad range of skills form writing funding applications, to managing projects and creating personal and promotional strategies. Many of our graduates have found opportunities to work as visual artists in an international context, with others pursuing art and photography-based roles in related fields such as, community arts, curation, advertising, teaching, freelancing, arts criticism and review, arts journalism, arts administration, video and web site production and documentary film making. With strong links to art and design employers in Spain and abroad we support the individual ambitions of every one of our students while they are studying with us and after graduation.
About this institute
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
ELISAVA, Barcelona School of Design and Engineering, promotes education, knowledge and research in the fields of design, engineering and communication. With more than 50 years of experience, it has trained more than 17,000 students and it has established itself as...
Why study at ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
If you want to study engineering or design, this is your home.
Of course, you're not just going to study here... you're going to discover theories and tendencies, you're going to question pre-established ideas, you're going to experience new ways and build alternatives. We will give you the best tools to achieve it; your creative energy sets the pace.
You are our present and the future. We want to empower your abilities, lead you and connect you with the professional environment to enable your dreams so that they come true. We believe in a better world and we believe we can transform it. We're ready.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Photography and Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...