Master in Strategic Design in ComplexityELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
Master in Strategic Design in Complexity
All available course dates
About this program
Master in Strategic Design in Complexity
The Master in Strategic Design in Complexity combines strategic design, systems thinking, sustainability and applied social sciences to devise new approaches in the field of business and social innovation.
The Master in Strategic Design in Complexity, the result of the collaboration between Elisava and Kaospilot, combines design disciplines with other applied social sciences in response to the challenges of our time, enabling graduates to increase their problem-solving capacity both in the field of business as in any type of organization or community.
Kaospilot is one of the best design schools in the world (BusinessWeek) and a leading business school in the world (Fast Company). Kaospilot has worked at the intersection of design and business for many years, applying design principles to business and social realms.
Design has found a place in virtually all aspects of social life, and is no longer limited exclusively to areas related to crafts, art and architecture. Following this trend, strategic planning and its application have become part of the world of design, promoting new hybridizations and theories that cover areas such as innovation, inclusive design, corporate design and strategic design, but also areas such as leadership. , sustainability, systemic thinking and change and business development, among others.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- The business of strategic design
- Developing strategic design
- Strategic design leadership
- Master Final Thesis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the school website for more information.
Tuition Fee: €12,500
Master's Degree in Strategic Design in Complexity. Own title UVic-UCC
ECTS credits: 60
This master's program provides students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to compete in the global marketplace as innovative designers, specialized strategic designers, andbusiness developers.
The master's degree is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide knowledge, methodologies and skills to approach projects from a strategic design perspective
- Understand the disciplines of design and strategy, how they evolve and how they interact
- Learn to analyze trends and translate them into applicable ideas
- Understand the complexity of the challenges and developments that occur in systems
- Construct problem formulations and research designs
- Apply different methodologies to build prototypes and proposals
- Create value propositions, models and strategies
- Understand the implications of design practice, in particular strategic design, as well as the advantages and challenges that a design-focused approach entails for organizations, companies and social development.
- Ability to apply strategic design methods and tools to describe and analyze problems in complex scenarios.
- Knowledge to apply appropriate methods for idea generation, concept development and team building.
- Ability to formulate and communicate business plans based on strategic design to stakeholders, within the organization itself or communities.
- Understanding of the different forms of leadership and their impact on strategic design.
- Ability to apply the strategic design taking into account the evolution of the market and the value proposition of the company.
- Analyze and describe innovation processes in a given organization.
- Understanding change as an opportunity and having the capacity to transform this opportunity into desirable, feasible and viable solutions.
- Manage multidisciplinary work teams based on strategic design principles.
- Public speaking and presentations.
- Business designer
- business consultant
- brand strategist
- content strategist
- Customer experience designer
- Design and innovation manager
- design strategist
- Product manager
- Product marketing manager
- UX Strategist
Message the school
About this institute
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
ELISAVA, Barcelona School of Design and Engineering, promotes education, knowledge and research in the fields of design, engineering and communication. With more than 50 years of experience, it has trained more than 17,000 students and it has established itself as...
Why study at ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
If you want to study engineering or design, this is your home.
Of course, you're not just going to study here... you're going to discover theories and tendencies, you're going to question pre-established ideas, you're going to experience new ways and build alternatives. We will give you the best tools to achieve it; your creative energy sets the pace.
You are our present and the future. We want to empower your abilities, lead you and connect you with the professional environment to enable your dreams so that they come true. We believe in a better world and we believe we can transform it. We're ready.
Want to know more about Master in Strategic Design in Complexity? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!