Master in Packaging DesignELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
Master in Packaging Design
All available course dates
About this program
Master's Degree in Packaging Design
The Master's Degree in Packaging Design will enable you to communicate, formally and graphically, the attributes of a product. You will learn to design a recipient that captures the needs of the environment and to propose a solution, design and execution for any packaging project.
How can we communicate the attributes of a product through its packaging? In the Master’s Degree in Packaging Design you will know to take advantage of packaging as an opportunity to add meaning to the product.
In a market in continuous expansion, packaging requires professionals with the ability to communicate, both formally and graphically, the attributes of a product. Designing a package today means contributing to the market products that seduce for their communication language and products that are thought with social awareness and environmental responsibility. This master in packaging offers the right tools to conceptualize and develop comprehensive packaging projects, with the aim of training specialized designers in this discipline.
The Master’s Degree in Packaging Design focuses on both graphic design and packaging structural design, not from a technical point of view, but from its form and communication. It offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the most recognized packaging designers in each sector and learn their work methodology to achieve an optimal and professional result.
Degree official university degree or equivalent to Graphic Design, Product Design or Product Engineering. Knowledge of Graphic Design software.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the institute website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the school website for more information.
- Feb. ed. €10,250
- Sep. ed. €10,700
Master’s Degree in Packaging Design. Awarded by UVic-UCC.
ECTS credits: 60
Through our master in packaging, students will able to:
- Delve into the discipline of packaging, its history and new trends, and know how society and consumers influence packaging solutions.
- Provide the students with the necessary theoretical/practical instruments to carry out and present a packaging project: naming creation, lettering and applied typography, art direction and presentation techniques.
- Know the lines that strategists and designers follow to achieve a successful product, acquire a solid theoretical branding base and know how a product is created and developed from the point of view of marketing.
- Put into practice the knowledge acquired through the analysis, planning, design and execution of packaging projects. Detect the client’s needs and create a packaging that responds to the different sectors’ demands. Learn to create more efficient and sustainable packaging that promotes the good design and optimal use of materials.
- To provide the student with specific knowledge in the materials used by the packaging industry: packaging creation systems, prepress and printing, quality controls and identify the different existing types of packaging and their possibilities.
- Know the factors that determine the production and selection of a packaging for a specific product and the role that the selection of a certain type of packaging can play in a product.
Message the school
About this institute
ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
ELISAVA, Barcelona School of Design and Engineering, promotes education, knowledge and research in the fields of design, engineering and communication. With more than 50 years of experience, it has trained more than 17,000 students and it has established itself as...
Why study at ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
If you want to study engineering or design, this is your home.
Of course, you're not just going to study here... you're going to discover theories and tendencies, you're going to question pre-established ideas, you're going to experience new ways and build alternatives. We will give you the best tools to achieve it; your creative energy sets the pace.
You are our present and the future. We want to empower your abilities, lead you and connect you with the professional environment to enable your dreams so that they come true. We believe in a better world and we believe we can transform it. We're ready.
Want to know more about Master in Packaging Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!