Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Marine Biology (MSci)
This MSci is a full-time one-year course, consisting of 9 months taught course and 3 months research project, and examined by continuous assessment. The course provides advanced theoretical and practical training in marine biology. The School of Ocean Sciences at Bangor University has over 50 years’ experience of teaching at postgraduate level, and excellent teaching and research facilities for the study of the marine biology.
The MSci course in Marine Biology is one of a suite of 5 focused MSci courses in marine science run within the School housed in a fully serviced and dedicated postgraduate suite.
Entry to the MSci/Diploma Marine Biology requires a 2(ii) undergraduate Honours degree in a Biological Science (e.g. Biology, Botany, Zoology, Ecology, Marine Biology). Applicants from other science subject areas or with relevant employment experience are encouraged to apply, provided that they can demonstrate evidence of motivation and experience in their Personal Statement and CV.
IELTS: 6.5 (with no element below 6.0) is required.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Marine Ecology Skills
- Habitat Ecology / Coastal Survey
- Marine Fisheries
- Marine Vertebrates
- Marine Invertebrates
- Research Design & Planning
- Research Project / Dissertation
*Module listings are for guide purposes only and are subject to change.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn a MSci.
Graduates of our Biological MScis have taken up the following career paths in recent years:
- Public Sector, e.g. Joint Nature Conservation Committee, Waterways Board, County Councils, Fisheries Protection Committee, National Rivers Authority/Environment Agency, EEC Environmental Commission.
- Private Sector, e.g. Aquatic consultancies specialising in survey and environmental impact assessment, aquaculture, oil industry, mining, instrument development, informatics and computing.
- Voluntary organisations such as World Wide Fund for Nature, Greenpeace, Wildlife Trusts, RSPCA, Royal Geographical Society.
- Higher Education and Research, e.g. Doctorate Research, Research Assistants.
- Overseas students return to comparable posts overseas.
- UK students employed overseas in comparable posts.
About this institute
Want something different? Well you have come to the right place. Bangor University is a historic University located between the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park, the wonderful Irish Sea coastline, and the awe-inspiring Isle of Anglesey. Every day when...
Want to know more about Marine Biology (MSci)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Has COVID-19 affected your study abroad plans?
We want to hear your stories. Help us get a better idea of how the coronavirus is impacting international students by taking our two minute survey.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain