Chinese and Spanish with German
This course is designed for students who want to acquire a high level of expertise in three languages other than their own. It caters for those who prefer to concentrate exclusively on language learning, without any literature. The course is intended to appeal to people from different countries of the world, coming to work together in a multilingual learning society. With quadrilingual language skills, graduates of these courses will be equipped to succeed in their chosen professions in every continent. You may not study your native/first language.
- All three languages studied for all four years of the course focus exclusively on practical language
- Three semesters spent at universities outside the UK, each in a country where one of the languages studied is spoken
- Separate class streams for entrants with advanced knowledge and beginners/near beginners in year 1
- All three languages brought to full honours level by end of year 4
Chat live with students from B06
Do you want to know what it's like to study at Bangor University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
For 2020 entry:
Typical offer is based on a minimum 104 tariff points from a Level 3 qualification* e.g.:
- A Levels (including grade B or above in a relevant language)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (including grade H6 in a relevant language)
- BTEC National/Extended Diploma and Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma: MMM**
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical/ Extended Diploma: considered on a case by case basis**
- Access: Pass**
- Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted.
International school leaving qualifications and college diplomas are accepted, subject to minimum English Language requirements.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Chinese for Beginners 1 Core
- Chinese for Beginners 2 Core
- Advanced Spanish 1 (Semester 1) Core
- Advanced Spanish 2 (Semester 2) Core
- Spanish Begin./Intermed. 1 (Semester 1) Core
- Spanish Begin./Intermed. 2 (Semester 2) Core
With A-Level Spanish Select Advanced. Without A-Level Spanish Select Beginners.
- Advanced German 1 (Semester 1) Core
- Advanced German 2 (Semester 2) Core
- German for Beginners I (Semester 1) Core
- German for Beginners II (Semester 2) Core
With A-Level German Select Advanced. Without A-Level German Select Beginners
- Chinese Language Skills Core
- Gegenwartssprache I Core
- Spanish Language 1 Core
- Chinese Language Skills
- Gegenwartssprache I
- Spanish Language 1
- Gegenwartssprache II (Minor) Core
- 3 Lang Project (2 maj/1 minor)
- 3 Lang Project (2 maj/1 min)
- Advance Chinese Lang Skills Core
- Spanish Language 2 (3 Major) Core
- Gegenwartssprache II (Minor)
- Advance Chinese Lang Skills
- Spanish Language 2 (3 Major)
*Module listings are for guide purposes only and are subject to change.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn a BA (Joint Hons) degree.
Employability and Modern Languages and Cultures degrees
Studying Modern Languages opens the door to a wide variety of careers. Many Bangor Modern Languages graduates have, of course, gone into teaching and translating, but just as many have embarked upon successful careers in the civil service, business and commerce, industry and the media. The skills you learn whilst studying languages – cultural awareness, communication, accuracy, planning and logical analysis – are valued highly by employers from all sectors of the economy.
About this institute
Want something different? Well you have come to the right place. Bangor University is a historic University located between the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park, the wonderful Irish Sea coastline, and the awe-inspiring Isle of Anglesey. What makes Bangor...
Why study at Bangor University
A top 10 university
The Complete University Guide 2021 results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities for student satisfaction (excluding specialist institutions). This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Wide range of courses
We offer hundreds of courses across the arts and the sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching and our courses and lecturers have been rated in the top 10 in the country.
World class teaching & research
Study at a world-class university, which is recognised for the quality of teaching and research. Bangor University is in the top 40 in the UK for research according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
Work experience and placements
We offer a variety of options to gain valuable employability skills, which includes supporting you in work placements and internships that you may wish to undertake.
We guarantee accommodation for first-year students who apply by the deadline and select us as their Firm Choice. Our accommodation was rated Top 15 in the UK at the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2020.
Free membership of all clubs and societies
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience with free membership of student clubs and societies. There are over 150 different ones to choose from, so you can try something new, get involved with sports, meet new friends and get out and explore the local area.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea – has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Want to know more about Chinese and Spanish with German? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Knoxville, United States of America