Chinese and French with Italian
This course is designed for students who want to acquire a high level of expertise in three languages other than their own. It caters for those who prefer to concentrate exclusively on language learning, without any literature. The course is intended to appeal to people from different countries of the world, coming to work together in a multilingual learning society. With quadrilingual language skills, graduates of these courses will be equipped to succeed in their chosen professions in every continent. You may not study your native/first language.
- All three languages studied for all four years of the course focus exclusively on practical language
- Three semesters spent at universities outside the UK, each in a country where one of the languages studied is spoken
- Separate class streams for entrants with advanced knowledge and beginners/near beginners in year 1
- All three languages brought to full honours level by end of year 4
For 2020 entry:
Typical offer is based on a minimum 104 tariff points from a Level 3 qualification* e.g.:
- A Levels (including grade B or above in a relevant language)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (including grade H6 in a relevant language)
- BTEC National/Extended Diploma and Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma: MMM**
- City & Guilds Advanced Technical/ Extended Diploma: considered on a case by case basis**
- Access: Pass**
- Welsh Baccalaureate is accepted.
International Candidates: school leaving qualifications and college diplomas are accepted from countries worldwide (subject to minimum English Language requirements).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Chinese for Beginners 1 Core
- Chinese for Beginners 2 Core
- Advanced French 1 (Semester 1) Core
- Advanced French 2 (Semester 2) Core
- French for Beginners I (Semester 1) Core
- French for Beginners II (Semester 2) Core
Students without A-Level in French select beginners Students with A-Level in French select advanced
- Advanced Italian 1 (Semester 1) Core
- Advanced Italian 2 (Semester 2) Core
- Italian for Beginners I (Semester 1) Core
- Italian for Beginners II (Semester 2) Core.
- Chinese Language Skills Core
- French Language Skills Core
- Italian Language 1 Core
- Chinese Language Skills
- French Language Skills
- Italian Language 1
- Italian Language 2 (Minor) Core
- 3 Lang Project (2 maj/1 minor)
- 3 Lang Project (2 maj/1 min)
- Advance Chinese Lang Skills Core
- French Lang. Skills (3 Major) Core
- Italian Language 2 (Minor)
- Advance Chinese Lang Skills
- French Lang. Skills (3 Major)
*Module listings are for guide purposes only and are subject to change.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn a BA (Joint Hons) degree.
Employability and Modern Languages and Cultures degrees
Studying Modern Languages opens the door to a wide variety of careers. Many Bangor Modern Languages graduates have, of course, gone into teaching and translating, but just as many have embarked upon successful careers in the civil service, business and commerce, industry and the media. The skills you learn whilst studying languages – cultural awareness, communication, accuracy, planning and logical analysis – are valued highly by employers from all sectors of the economy.
About this institute
Want something different? Well you have come to the right place. Bangor University is a historic University located between the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park, the wonderful Irish Sea coastline, and the awe-inspiring Isle of Anglesey. What makes Bangor...
Why study at Bangor University
Gold rated teaching
Bangor University has achieved a Gold Award, the highest rating possible, in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities for student satisfaction (excluding specialist institutions). This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Wide range of courses
We offer hundreds of courses across the arts and the sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching and our courses and lecturers have been rated in the top 10 in the country.
World class teaching & research
Study at a world-class university, which is recognised for the quality of teaching and research. Bangor University is in the top 40 in the UK for research according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
Work experience and placements
We offer a variety of options to gain valuable employability skills, which includes supporting you in work placements and internships that you may wish to undertake.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply by the deadline and select us as their Firm Choice. Our accommodation was rated as the best in the UK at the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Free membership of all clubs and societies
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience with free membership of student clubs and societies. There are over 150 different ones to choose from, so you can try something new, get involved with sports, meet new friends and get out and explore the local area.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea – has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Want to know more about Chinese and French with Italian? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Clayton , Australia