Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Agroforestry and Food Security MSc by Distance LearningBangor University
Agroforestry and Food Security MSc by Distance Learning
The Agroforestry and Food Security MSc will provide students with a detailed understanding of the principles and processes of agroforestry as part of a sustainable food production system, including its social and environmental contexts. It will equip students to implement the latest research into sustainable production systems thinking and will facilitate entry into agroforestry-related careers.
Students studying the course will:
- Examine the environmental, economic and social aspect of agroforestry in the context of food security and the changing environment.
- Study how selected agroforestry management practices can improve the resource-efficiency and overall sustainability of food production.
- Gain a global perspective to question whether and how growing demand for food from limited land resources can be met through agroforestry and sustainable intensification.
We accept students with a wide range of qualifications and backgrounds. We consider each application individually.
The entry requirements reflect the expected student profile, i.e. working and experienced in their field. Many applicants will have technical knowledge gained through work experience.
Students should meet one of the following requirements for entry:
- An Upper Second Class undergraduate Honours degree in a relevant subject, e.g. Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or Agriculture.
- A Third class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree in a relevant subject, with a minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of two years relevant experience in agri-based food industries, the environmental sector or related work in a position of demonstrable responsibility.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Agroforestry Systems and Practice (Semester 1, Sept-Jan)
- Global Food Security (Semester 1, Sept-Jan)
- Study Tour (Semester 2, Jan-May)
- Urban Forestry (Semester 1, Sept-Jan)
- Forest Management Planning (Semester 2, Jan-May)
- Natural Resource Management (Semester 2, Jan-May)
- Sustainable use of NTFPs (Summer, May-August)
- Dissertation (if studying towards an MSc)
*Module listings are for guide purposes only and are subject to change.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will earn an MSc degree by Distance Learning.
This course will enable professionals to redirect or enhance their capabilities. Graduates can find careers in advisory and policy/advocacy roles, executive management, agriculture, agribusiness and environmental consultancy and agencies, agricultural finance, land and catchment management agencies, natural resources management, agricultural education and training, and as rural counsellors.
About this institute
Want something different? Well you have come to the right place. Bangor University is a historic University located between the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park, the wonderful Irish Sea coastline, and the awe-inspiring Isle of Anglesey. What makes Bangor...
Why study at Bangor University
Gold rated teaching
Bangor University has achieved a Gold Award, the highest rating possible, in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). The TEF assessment took into account teaching quality, learning environment and student outcomes and learning gain. We were judged to deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for our students and our teaching is of the highest quality found in the UK.
A top 10 university
The National Student Survey (NSS) results place Bangor amongst the UK’s top 10 universities for student satisfaction (excluding specialist institutions). This reflects the University’s focus on overall student experience.
Wide range of courses
We offer hundreds of courses across the arts and the sciences. We pride ourselves on the quality of our teaching and our courses and lecturers have been rated in the top 10 in the country.
World class teaching & research
Study at a world-class university, which is recognised for the quality of teaching and research. Bangor University is in the top 40 in the UK for research according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
Work experience and placements
We offer a variety of options to gain valuable employability skills, which includes supporting you in work placements and internships that you may wish to undertake.
We guarantee accommodation for first year students who apply by the deadline and select us as their Firm Choice. Our accommodation was rated as the best in the UK at the What Uni Student Choice Awards 2018.
Free membership of all clubs and societies
Take advantage of the Bangor Student Experience with free membership of student clubs and societies. There are over 150 different ones to choose from, so you can try something new, get involved with sports, meet new friends and get out and explore the local area.
Choose to study in one of the best places in the UK to be a student. Bangor’s location – close to the mountains and the sea – has been described as ‘the best university setting in the UK’.
Want to know more about Agroforestry and Food Security MSc by Distance Learning? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Summer / Short course
Tel Aviv, Israel
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain
Saint Petersburg, Russia