International Business - 's-HertogenboschAvans University of Applied Sciences
International Business - 's-Hertogenbosch
Would you like to study in an inspiring, international environment where you have the freedom to discover other ways of living and doing business?. At the International Business programme of Avans University of Applied Sciences this is possible.
The 4-year programme of International Business prepares you for a career in a global environment. You will become an expert in doing business in a cross cultural settings, based on your knowledge, experience and preferences, you will develop your individual learning path while working on real-life projects.
Each study year is divided in 2 semesters. During the first year, there is a general introduction to International Business: international sales and marketing, finance, organization & people, and supply chain and operations.
At the end of year 1 you will go on your first discovery internship. You will spend at least 2 semesters abroad on a work placement, minor or graduation placement in the fourth year. Your graduation project may involve an assignment at an international company in the Netherlands or abroad.
The main focuses of the programme are:
- Marketing, communication and sales
- 2-5 foreign languages
- Lead and develop your own individual learning path
- A diploma equivalent to the Dutch HAVO, VWO, MBO4 level, Higher General Secondary Education level.
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, CAE, FCE , TOEIC or Cambridge ESOL), exemptions can be if you obtain a English secondary school diploma
- June 1st for non-EU applicants
- August 1st for EU applicants
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree students, EEA or Dutch nationality: €2,168.00
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree students, non-EEA nationality: €8,296.00
Bachelor of Business Administration
The world of international business offers many opportunities, in the Netherlands or abroad. Depending on your talents and choices in areas of specialisation during your study, you may start your career in positions in the field of Sales and Marketing, Organisation and People, International Finance or Operations and Supply Chain Management. You can join a company or start a business of your own.
When recruiting, international companies often prefer candidates with experience abroad. Your solid foundation in International Business, combined with your experience abroad acquired throughout your study, will make you a choice candidate.
The list below gives examples of specialisms or roles in different functional areas where you may start their working life, depending on the choices you have made in your study programme.
- International sales representative
- Key account manager
- Marketing intelligence officer
- Business development representative
- Customer account representative / internal sales administrator
- Foreign trade advisor / consultant
- International HR officer
- PR / communications officer
- Logistics coordinator
- Market researcher
- Brand manager
- Business innovation specialist
- Digital communication specialist
Upon graduation, you may continue with a master's degree at a Dutch research university or university abroad. You may consider master’s degrees in International Business, Communication Sciences, International Economic Studies, Marketing Management or Strategic Management
About this institute
Avans University of Applied Sciences
Welcome to Avans University of Applied Sciences! Avans is the best large university of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands for the sixth consecutive year in 2020. We offer more than 80 programs from which 5 are English taught bachelors, 2...
Want to know more about International Business - 's-Hertogenbosch? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia