Foundation in Musical TheatreArtsEd
About this program
Foundation in Musical Theatre
Our full time foundation course in Musical Theatre develops your skill and confidence in all three of the essential disciplines required for this demanding training. Delivered by tutors from our BA course, this is an excellent foundation for progression into a full-time training course.
Ensuring that you excel in all three disciplines our Full Time Foundation includes intensive one-to-one singing tuition, ensemble dance training in jazz and ballet and bespoke audition preparation. Throughout the course you will be working with our highly experienced ArtsEd tutors, who have a very thorough understanding of what drama schools are looking for in auditions.
If you are over 18 with a good general standard of education you may apply for the Acting Foundation Course. Entry is by audition.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
An integral part of Musical Theatre, this course will cover:
- Plus weekly fitness sessions in the gym with a personalised regime
Develop the correct singing techniques to excel in your audition through:
- Weekly one-to-one singing lessons
- Ensemble singing sessions
- Song and dance classes that allow you to combine these skills
Build a confident stage presence to stand out from the crowd through:
- Acting workshops that help build teamwork and confidence
- Sessions focused on the skills and techniques required to create truthful characters.
- Development of a well-supported and expressive voice with speech and voice techniques.
Audition technique classes will prepare you for drama school auditions. These will include:
- Advice from in-house staff, guest tutors and speakers from other colleges.
- Song workshops to develop your acting though singing
- Dance routine interpretation and performance practice
- Help with choosing the right audition monologue and guidance around how best to perform it
Scholarships & funding
We offer several scholarships, bursaries, and financial support for promising students on a means-tested basis. If you are applying from overseas, we recommend contacting the Department of Education in your home country to find out if you could get support to study in the UK. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) can help you find out if you are eligible for funding in the UK.
- Audition Fee: Round 1 FREE, Recall £25 (Audition fee waivers are available)
- Course fees: £10,600
- Acceptance Deposit: £350 UK / EU Students (£2,000 Overseas Students)
Message the school
About this institute
ArtsEd is one of the top Drama Schools in the UK. We offer triple threat Musical Theatre training and contemporary stage, screen and audio Acting training. The exceptional teaching, outstanding pastoral care and world-class facilities at ArtsEd give all our...
Want to know more about Foundation in Musical Theatre? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!