About this program
Bachelor in International Communication Management
If you want to envision communication strategies, create digital content, or become a persuasive copywriter, get your bachelor’s degree in International Communication Management. Additionally, you will experiment with several foreign languages, ranging from Spanish and French to German.
The programme is built in such a way that all courses contribute to four essential employment skills:
- Insight and strategy: you keep track of current trends in the wide field of communications while also figuring out how to turn organisational goals into a well-designed communication plan.
- Concept and creation: you create various communication products tailored to your target audience, ranging from text to video, across multiple platforms.
- Project design and planning: you develop convincing communication strategies. As a project manager, you are in charge of the overview so that you can coordinate your colleagues, instruct freelancers and make sure to achieve your goals.
- Research and analysis: you formulate research questions, interview people, organise focus groups, measure and analyse and report on for instance the image of a brand or the characteristics of how your target audience uses media.
General Admission Requirements
In order to complete your online registration, make sure to add the following documents to your application:
- copy of identity card / passport (front and back);
- diploma of secondary and/or higher education and transcript of records (include an official translation of these documents if they are not already in English, Dutch, German or French);
- (National) entrance examination(s) - only applicable if this is also necessary to access higher education in your country;
- Proof of English proficiency;
- APS certificate (for candidates with a Chinese diploma).
Prospective students can prove that they have the required level of English by meeting one of the following criteria:
- having a secondary or higher education diploma where English was the main language of instruction
- having one of the following language proficiency certificates that proves you have at least B2 CEFR level and was issued within the last two years:
- TOEFL test: score of at least 79 - institution code: B527;
- IELTS test: score of at least 6.5;
- ITACE test: at least Level B2 for all completed components!;
- Duolingo test: score of at least 110;
- Cambridge English Advanced certificate: at least Level B2 for all completed components;
- Cambridge English First certificate: grades A, B, and C (Min score 160);
- Cambridge English Business Vantage certificate: grades A, B and C;
- Cambridge English Business Higher certificate: at least Level B2 for all completed components;
- Cambridge English Proficiency certificate;
- IB diploma (Diploma Programme);
- IGCSE (awarded by Edexcel,at least three IGCSE A Levels - With two A levels with a minimum grade C);
- Artevelde University of Applied Sciences Certificate.
Language Screening at Artevelde UAS
Language screening tests organised by Artevelde UAS are available to candidates who intend to study at Artevelde UAS at our institution. This screening isfree of chargeand consists of:
- a two hour exam on reading comprehension, listening comprehension and vocabulary
- an oral exam with an examiner
You must obtain at least CEFR level B2 in all components in order to pass our English screening test.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
- Digital Content Production 1
- Design Research
- Media Strategies and Marketing
- Corporate and Marketing Communication
- Creative Copy 1: Storytelling
- Language Lab 1
- Digital Content Production 2
- International Media Community
- Research Skills and Data Analytics
- Communication Strategy and Planning
- Creative Copy 2: Long and Short Copy
- Language Lab 2
Semester 1 + 2
- Media Factory 1
More info to come soon
- Innovation management
- Ethical and Responsible Entrepreneurship
- Cultural Encounters
- Expert Track: International Corporate and Issue Management*
- Expert Track: International Brand Management*
- Graduation Project
- Internship Abroad XL ***
* You choose one Expert Track and follow all subjects within that track.
** You choose two electives.
*** You choose between an internship and a graduation project or a more extended internship with an integrated project.
Shortened study track
It is possible to follow International Communication Management as a shortened study track. Do you already possess a bachelor's degree in a relevant field of expertise? Then you are eligible to apply for this bachelor's degree. You will gain an additional degree in one year by following the courses of the third year, plus one extra course, Digital Media Strategies & Research (6 credits). That way we ensure you have the necessary knowledge to thrive at work.
Academic year 2023-2024
- €1,092.10: EEA students and non-EEA students with a valid Belgian residence permit
- €7,265.00: non-EEA students who will stay in Belgium with a visa
- 3-year bachelor's degree
- 180 ECTS
Getting to work in the field
Your degree provides you with a wide range of communication-related competencies and techniques. It is your ticket to many job options in multiple sectors and countries. 94% of our students find work within one year after graduation.
Prove your worth in Belgium and abroad as:
- Press secretary
- Communications specialist (both corporate, private, and non-profit as governmental organisations)
- Content manager
- PR agent
- Media officer
Message the school
About this institute
Artevelde University of Applied Sciences
Do you dream of an international career in business? Are you eager to broaden your horizon and step outside your comfort zone? Why not kick-start your career in Ghent, the heart of Europe? The world is your playground with a degree...
Why study at Artevelde University of Applied Sciences
At the Artevelde University of Applied Sciences we believe that people are capable of self-development. We start from this idea to define the professional identity of both our students and our staff members and stimulate them to think critically, to act professionally and to become the person they can and want to be.
Want to know more about Bachelor in International Communication Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!