About this program
Bachelor in International Communication Management
If you want to envision communication strategies, create digital content, or become a persuasive copywriter, get your Bachelor’s degree in International Communication Management. Additionally, you will experiment with several foreign languages, ranging from French to Chinese.
The program is built in such a way that all courses contribute to four essential employment skills:
- Insight and strategy: you keep track of current trends in the wide field of communications while also figuring out how to turn organisational goals into a well-designed communication plan.
- Concept and creation: you create various communication products tailored to your target audience, ranging from text to video, across multiple platforms.
- Project design and planning: you develop convincing communication strategies. As a project manager, you are in charge of the overview so that you can coordinate your colleagues, instruct freelancers and make sure to achieve your goals.
- Research and analysis: you formulate research questions, interview people, organise focus groups, measure and analyse and report on for instance the image of a brand or the characteristics of how your target audience uses media.
- Before 1 May 2022: non-EEA students who require a visa
- Before 1 September 2022: EEA students or non-EEA students with a valid Belgian residence permit.
You need to possess a Flemish diploma of secondary education or a foreign diploma/certificate of secondary education that gives access to higher education in Flanders or abroad (country of origin).
After applying for the program, students with a foreign diploma will be asked to send us a certified copy of the diploma and transcript of records (secondary and/or higher education).
The diploma and transcript has to be accompanied by an official translation into Dutch, English, French or German if the original diploma is not in one of these languages.
Proficiency in English
In addition to the required diploma, you also need to prove your level of English is at least B2*. You can prove your proficiency on the basis of a language certificate.
APS certificate for degree seeking students with a Chinese diploma
APS (only applicable for students from the People’s Republic of China)
Students with a Chinese diploma need to have the APS certificate when applying at a Flemish higher education institution. The APS certificate is a condition for obtaining a student visa from the Belgian Embassy or the Consulate General in the People's Republic of China. The APS screening is not an academic selection procedure, but is meant to avoid document fraud and to guarantee an adequate language level.
*If you are applying for a shortened study track (a one year bachelor program), you already need to possess a diploma of higher education upon application.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Digital Content Production 1
- Design Research
- Media Strategies and Marketing
- Corporate and Marketing Communication
- Creative Copy 1: Storytelling
- Language Lab 1
- Digital Content Production 2
- International Media Community
- Research Skills and Data Analytics
- Communication Strategy and Planning
- Creative Copy 2: Long and Short Copy
- Language Lab 2
Semester 1 + 2
- Media Factory 1
- Innovation management
- Ethical and Responsible Entrepreneurship
- Cultural Encounters
- Expert Track: International Corporate and Issue Management*
- Expert Track: International Brand Management*
- Graduation Project
- Internship Abroad XL ***
Shortened study track
It is possible to follow International Communication Management as a shortened study track. Do you already possess a bachelor's degree in a relevant field of expertise? Then you are eligible to apply for this bachelor's degree. You will gain an additional degree in one year by following the courses of the third year, plus one extra course, Digital Media Strategies & Research (6 credits). That way we ensure you have the necessary knowledge to thrive at work.
For academic year 2022-2023:
- €979.60: EEA students and non-EEA students with a valid Belgian residence permit
- €6800: non-EEA students who will stay in Belgium with a visa
Credits: 180 ECTS
- Press secretary
- Communications specialist (both corporate, private, non-profit as governmental organisations)
- Content manager
- PR agent
- Media officer
Message the school
About this institute
Artevelde University of Applied Sciences
Join our ambitious and successful Higher Education Institution, where we offer you the opportunity to learn from, and work with, experts in your field of study. At Artevelde University of Applied Sciences (AUAS), you will thrive by learning through our...
Why study at Artevelde University of Applied Sciences
At the Artevelde University of Applied Sciences we believe that people are capable of self-development. We start from this idea to define the professional identity of both our students and our staff members and stimulate them to think critically, to act professionally and to become the person they can and want to be.
Want to know more about Bachelor in International Communication Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...