Business Savvy, Highly Versatile, and Interdisciplinary
Today’s markets require more than business savvy, they require highly versatile business students who will become the top decision makers of tomorrow.
That is why we have prepared an exceptional, interdisciplinary curriculum that prepares you to become decisive thinkers in economics, finance, international business law and management on your way to roles as leaders and strategic decision makers in international business.
What skills and knowledge will you get?
As our graduates you can expect to:
- Be able to combine theoretical knowledge in the areas of economics, law, finance, and business with practical applications in the areas of management, the legal aspects of running a business, and strategic decision making
- Be confident thinkers who seek out innovation, develop new procedures, and integrate research and knowledge from multiple professions
- Identify, articulate and describe problems using quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Be part of a class of business professionals who are able to manage their own career development as well as the development of other individuals and groups
What positions will you be eligible for?
- You will be prepared to enter the workforce as mid-level managers in a variety of international organizations including for-profit companies, non-profit organizations, and governmental agencies
- Moreover, the degree will serve as a foundational step towards a doctoral degree at respected universities around the world
This is a full-time program worth 120 ECTS credits (equivalent to 60 US credits). The standard time of completion is 2 years. Graduates receive a dual-accredited bachelor’s degree and they may use either the Czech “Mgr.” or the American “M.A.”
In order to apply for a graduate (master's degree) program at AAU, applicants must submit a completed Application Form (which can be filled out online) and ALL of the documents listed below. The documents need to be in English and non-English documents must be certified by an authorized translator.
- High school diploma (or its equivalent, e.g. an IB diploma, A levels certificate, etc.)
- Bachelor's diploma
- A copy of your transcript
- Curriculum Vitae / resumé
- Copy of ID / passport
- Passport size photograph
- Personal statement
- Two references (describing their relationship to you)
- Language exam results (see below) unless you qualify for an English exam waiver
Minimum qualifying English test scores for graduate applicants:
- TOEFL (iBT min. 87, PBT min. 567)
- CAE (min. C)
- IELTS (min. 7)
- BULATS (min. 75)
- City & Guilds - IESOL (Expert)
- Pearson PTE (min. 76)
- CPE (min. C1)
Successful applicants from this first stage are then invited to an interview (in person or via Skype) with the Dean or Assistant Dean of the School of their choice.
Students who fall short of the required score for the respective language tests or who fail to demonstrate sufficient English proficiency later during the interview may be exceptionally admitted provided that they meet all other requirements. Such students will not be able to progress in their studies beyond several introductory courses until they present a sufficient score in one of the recognized English language proficiency tests. AAU provides an Intensive Academic English Program and other non-credit remedial courses to help such students improve their English and achieve the required standards.
The application fee is CZK 500 and the admissions fee is CZK 1 500.
The amount of tuition for a full-time graduate program (60 US / 120 ECTS credits) at Anglo-American University is CZK 330 000 in total. This is roughly USD 13 750 or EUR 12 222. One semester at 5 courses per semester costs CZK 82 500 (roughly USD 3 438 or EUR 3 056).
Please note that our tuition rates are fixed in CZK and the amount in USD or EUR may vary depending on the current exchange rate. The amounts listed here are according to the rates of CZK 27/EUR 1 and CZK 24/USD 1.
Merit-Based Scholarships and Financial Aid
The best students at AAU can study for free! Through a series of financial incentives, you can better manage your tuition costs, helping keep a distinguished education affordable. We provide scholarships based on academic achievement measured by a student’s Grade Point Average (GPA). Your GPA is calculated cumulatively from the beginning of your studies at AAU. To be eligible for the merit-based scholarship, you must have already completed two full-time semesters and have taken at least 4 courses the previous semester. The level of your GPA then determines the tuition discount as shown in the table below. Typically, over 11% of our degree-seeking students receive this scholarship and it may range from 10% to 100% of your tuition covered depending on your GPA.
Financial aid is also available in the form of manageable installments of tuition, as well as the opportunity to work at AAU while you study.
Graduates receive a dual-accredited Master of Arts degree in Business Law and International Markets with both the Czech "Mgr." and the American "M.A." on their diplomas. This is not a dual degree and only one of the two versions may be used as a title.
Study at Anglo-American University and open your doors to the world.
AAU is a noted center of academic excellence where students from all over the world come to pursue academic studies in an international hub that encourages intellectual curiosity, leadership, cooperation, and respect for cultural and national diversity. With AAU's multitude of...
Want to know more about M.A. Business and Law in International Markets? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.