Minor in PhilosophyAmerican University of Sharjah
Minor in Philosophy
All available course dates
Minor in Philosophy
The philosophy minor develops students’ natural reasoning. It also introduces students to the unanswered questions of the Western, Middle Eastern and Eastern traditions of wisdom.
Students enrolling in the philosophy minor should have normally completed a minimum of 30 credits of course work and be in good academic standing.
The following rules apply:
- The minor consists of a minimum of 18 credits, including at least nine credits in courses at or above the 300 level.
- At least nine credits of the 18 credits required for the minor must be taken in residence at AUS.
- At least six credits of the nine credits at or above the 300 level must be taken in residence at AUS.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 must be earned in courses completed to satisfy the minor.
Students seeking a minor in philosophy must successfully complete the following courses or their equivalent. All course prerequisites must be satisfied.
Minor Requirements (9 credits)
- PHI 201 Introduction to Philosophy
- PHI 202 Introduction to Islamic Philosophy
one of the following:
- PHI 204 Ethics for Professionals
- PHI 206 Ethics and Information Technology
- CMP 235 Ethics for Computing and Information Technology
Minor Electives (minimum of 9 credits)
Students must successfully complete a minimum of nine credits in courses selected from the following list:
- ARA 402 Qur’anic Studies
- INS 350 Moot Court
- PHI 303 Political Philosophy
- PHI 304 Themes in Western Thought
- PHI 305 Advanced Social Political Philosophy
- PHI 306 Philosophy of Law
- PHI 309 Ethics and the Environment
- PHI 310 Islamic Political Philosophy
- PSY 305 Cognitive Psychology
- any approved special topic courses at the 300 level or above. Consult the online course catalog or the online class schedule accessible via the AUS student information system to verify course classifications.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available, please visit the university website for more information.
Tuition fee : AED 96,140 per year
About this institute
American University of Sharjah
Founded in 1997, American University of Sharjah (AUS) is an independent, non-profit, coeducational institution of higher education formed on the American liberal arts model. Acclaimed for its academic excellence and multicultural environment, AUS is ranked among the top 10 universities...
Want to know more about Minor in Philosophy? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Alliance, United States of America
Knoxville, United States of America