BSc in Business Administration
Diversity is a touchstone of our program. We foster an appreciation of cultural, linguistic, ethnic and managerial diversity. Our graduates are ready to begin their careers in business in the fields of marketing, finance, manufacturing, sales, advertising and management, and are comfortable working in either American or international settings.
AUR brings the business community into the classroom and takes the study of business out into the world. Students majoring in Business Administration earn credit with internships in one of the many international organizations or corporations headquartered in Rome.
Each semester corporate leaders participate in AUR’s Business Roundtable discussions, events such as the Business Speaker Series, and seminars with companies such as Michael Kors, Pfizer, Nestlé, Disney, JWT, the Federal Reserve Bank and CNN represented. Faculty members in Business Studies also organize and lead for-credit learning excursions in various regions of Italy.
AUR operates a ‘rolling’ admissions process with preference given to early applicants. Due to student visa purposes, Non-EU/EAA students are encouraged to complete their applications as soon as possible. Please check the Visas and Permits page on our website for more information.
- Completed application form through our website or via the Common App
- $50/€50 non-refundable application fee. Only U.S. and Canadian citizens pay in dollars.
- A 500-750-word personal statement on the following: To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment – Ralph Waldo Emerson. What is something about you that you would never change?
- A 500-750-word essay response to the following question: Our favorite hashtag is #LifeAtAUR. What do you imagine your life at AUR to be like?
- Official high school transcripts and/or university transcripts for all institution attended to date. A certified English translation is required for non-English transcripts.
- An academic recommendation letter (see below).
- Course descriptions for all courses where credits are being transferred.
- A copy of your valid passport.
- Applicants whose native language is not English will need to supply an official TOEFL or IELTS English language proficiency results(Unless transcripts show that you have been attending an English-speaking school/university for three years or more).
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT results.
All documents must be original and sent from their original source
Application materials should be sent through our online application system, via email to our admissions team, or by regular mail to:
The American University of Rome
Attn: The Admissions Office
Via Pietro Roselli 4
00153 Rome, Italy
Candidates are responsible for ensuring that their application is complete and that we have received their supporting documents. Please note that it may take 1-2 business days for an uploaded document to reflect on the application checklist. The American University of Rome’s Admissions Office reserves the right to request additional items in order to complete the application process.
Note: If you do not have all of the documents ready when first submitting your application, we will send you a link where you can upload outstanding materials.
Academic Recommendation Letter
The letter of recommendation can be written by a teacher, professor, school principal, or guidance counselor. If you have been out of the education system for a while and are having difficulty contacting someone for an academic recommendation, a letter from a current or recent employer can be accepted in its place.
Candidates in possession of credentials from European lyceums, (Italian Maturità, International Baccalaureate, the British A levels, etc.) or students who receive a 3 or higher on any AP examination must submit official records of the last year of high school and a copy of the diploma (if granted).
Please check the Information for Transfer Students page on our website for details.
SAT and ACT Scores
SAT and ACT scores are optional requirements for U.S. applicants.
The American University of Rome SAT institutional code for reporting purposes is 0262. Information concerning the SAT may be obtained at College Board site.
The American University of Rome ACT institutional code for reporting purposes is 5392. Information concerning the ACT may be obtained at the ACT site.
You will be contacted for an interview once a completed application has been submitted and all supporting documents have been received. Interviews may be conducted face-to-face, on the phone or via Skype.
Make sure to check out the Admissions Process page on our website for more information.
The American University of Rome
The American University of Rome is dedicated to providing a unique educational experience to forward-thinking students from all over the world. At AUR, we pair a commitment to academic excellence with the curation of practical professional skills, so that upon...
Want to know more about BSc in Business Administration? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!