BA in Communication
The media and the means by which we communicate are shaping who we are as individuals and how we connect in an increasingly multi-cultural and globalized society.
The AUR B.A. in Communication combines multiple strengths: an ideal location for the study of global communication, an esteemed faculty with international academic and professional expertise, programs reflective of the dynamic nature of communication in modern society, opportunities to learn through internships, and sensitivity to living and working in multicultural and international settings.
A communication degree is not only about learning how to communicate information proficiently. It is also essential in just about every industry, from traditional fields such as journalism, advertising, and public relations, to the rising marketplace of big data and artificial intelligence. Profit and non-profit institutions in healthcare, financial services, and IT increasingly seek communication majors.
AUR operates a ‘rolling’ admissions process with preference given to early applicants. Due to student visa purposes, Non-EU/EAA students are encouraged to complete their applications as soon as possible. Please check the Visas and Permits page on our website for more information.
- Completed application form through our website or via the Common App
- $50/€50 non-refundable application fee. Only U.S. and Canadian citizens pay in dollars.
- A 500-750-word personal statement on the following: To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment – Ralph Waldo Emerson. What is something about you that you would never change?
- A 500-750-word essay response to the following question: Our favorite hashtag is #LifeAtAUR. What do you imagine your life at AUR to be like?
- Official high school transcripts and/or university transcripts for all institution attended to date. A certified English translation is required for non-English transcripts.
- An academic recommendation letter (see below).
- Course descriptions for all courses where credits are being transferred.
- A copy of your valid passport.
- Applicants whose native language is not English will need to supply an official TOEFL or IELTS English language proficiency results(Unless transcripts show that you have been attending an English-speaking school/university for three years or more).
- Optional: Official SAT or ACT results.
All documents must be original and sent from their original source
Application materials should be sent through our online application system, via email to our admissions team, or by regular mail to:
The American University of Rome
Attn: The Admissions Office
Via Pietro Roselli 4
00153 Rome, Italy
Candidates are responsible for ensuring that their application is complete and that we have received their supporting documents. Please note that it may take 1-2 business days for an uploaded document to reflect on the application checklist. The American University of Rome’s Admissions Office reserves the right to request additional items in order to complete the application process.
Note: If you do not have all of the documents ready when first submitting your application, we will send you a link where you can upload outstanding materials.
Academic Recommendation Letter
The letter of recommendation can be written by a teacher, professor, school principal, or guidance counselor. If you have been out of the education system for a while and are having difficulty contacting someone for an academic recommendation, a letter from a current or recent employer can be accepted in its place.
Candidates in possession of credentials from European lyceums, (Italian Maturità, International Baccalaureate, the British A levels, etc.) or students who receive a 3 or higher on any AP examination must submit official records of the last year of high school and a copy of the diploma (if granted).
Please check the Information for Transfer Students page on our website for details.
SAT and ACT Scores
SAT and ACT scores are optional requirements for U.S. applicants.
The American University of Rome SAT institutional code for reporting purposes is 0262. Information concerning the SAT may be obtained at College Board site.
The American University of Rome ACT institutional code for reporting purposes is 5392. Information concerning the ACT may be obtained at the ACT site.
You will be contacted for an interview once a completed application has been submitted and all supporting documents have been received. Interviews may be conducted face-to-face, on the phone or via Skype.
Make sure to check out the Admissions Process page on our website for more information.
The American University of Rome
The American University of Rome is dedicated to providing a unique educational experience to forward-thinking students from all over the world. At AUR, we pair a commitment to academic excellence with the curation of practical professional skills, so that upon...
Want to know more about BA in Communication? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.