Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
The International Master’s Degree in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology provides high levels of theoretical knowledge, technological and experimental expertise to design, conduct and manage research and development activities in biotechnologies applied to health, for the design, characterization, production, analysis and formulation of innovative and biotechnological drugs, vaccines, diagnostic devices. The Pharmaceutical Biotechnologist can work in biotechnology and pharmacology laboratories and companies and can also cooperate – even at an administrative level – to programs of development and surveillance of biotechnologies applied to human health, with a professional attention to the technical and juridical implications.
There are specific enrolment procedures for each degree programme. You can find detailed information about how to apply, tuition fees and deadlines on the institute webpage.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Study Grands and Subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition Fees Exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for exemptions and special subsidies.
5 Reasons to enrol on the Degree Program
- Biotechnologies will soon provide most of the chances to improve human health: research in the pharmaceutical biotechnology is in the leading edge
- It will give you knowledge and dynamic expertise on all aspects relevant to pharmaceutical biotechnology, from ideas' development to their realisation
- A close interaction with teachers will give you the best opportunities to pursue your interests in an international environment
- Most courses will include practical laboratory lessons, and you will acquire sound basic knowledge coupled with advanced laboratory skills
- You will have the opportunity to attend research labs within the university or biotechnological companies, both in Italy as well as abroad
The following specific skills are required to perform the functions: students will be able
- to conduct basic and applied biotechnological research;
- to develop skills in health care and applications;
- to manage a biotechnology laboratory and to develop autonomous projects in the sector;
- to manage research in various fields, from molecular diagnostics to omics analysis, with knowledge of the advanced instrumentation available today in both research and applied medicine;
- to experiment and coordinate activities and research projects in the biomedical field;
- ability to experiment innovative medicines or for advanced therapies (gene therapy, cell therapy, tissue engineering);
- to participatate in multidisciplinary teams to plan and define prevention and diagnosis interventions, through the management of molecular and biomedical analysis technologies.
Appropriate transversal skills of a communicative-relational, organizational-management and planning type are also required, in accordance with the level of autonomy and responsibility assigned, with the organizational and work methods adopted and with the main interlocutors (colleagues, other professions, users and patients).
Career opportunities - both at a national and International level - include:
- Universities and Public and Private Research Bodies;
- Biotechnological Industries and Services;
- Pharmaceutical Industry;
- Cosmetics and Dietary-Nutritional Industries;
- Diagnostic and Scientific Instrument Industries;
- Public and Private Health Bodies;
- Pharmaceutical Monitoring Authorities;
- Environmental Control and Prevention Bodies and Authorities;
- National and International Regulatory and/or Certification Agencies.
About this institute
Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna
The Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna, the oldest university in the Western world, paves the way for innovation through an increasingly rich programme catalogue, cutting-edge research, a constant and increasingly broad international perspective and a strong third mission....
Alma Mater Studiorum – Università di Bologna
Want to know more about Pharmaceutical Biotechnology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...