About this program
The one-year Marketing Management Ontario College Graduate Certificate prepares you to thrive in today`s marketing industry. Analyze consumer attitudes and behaviours in regards to products and services in our rapidly changing world. Through a creative, flexible and customer-focused approach, develop an understanding of both domestic and international marketing issues.
Among other topics, you develop a critical understanding of the competitive and customer-oriented demands of a business, its product and service operations and its marketing processes and resources. Acquire creative, procedural and critical marketing expertise to generate, implement and evaluate marketing programs that satisfy customer requirements.
- Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent.
- It is recommended that applicants have some foundation in marketing i.e., at least one postsecondary course or some business-related experience.
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Thrive in team-based environments.
- Adapt well to organizational changes.
- Are motivated, focused and committed to attaining goals.
- Display personality traits of integrity, creativity and strategic thinking.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Skills and Personal Development
- Foundations in Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Retail Management and Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Market Research
- Digital Marketing and Customer Relationship Management
- Business to Business (B2B) Sales and Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications and Digital Media
- Marketing Plan and Strategy
- Business Analysis for Marketers
- Strategic Marketing Consulting
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Formulate a marketing plan that will meet the needs or goals of a business or organization.
- Develop an integrated marketing communications plan for a product, concept, good and/or service, based on an identified market need or target.
- Formulate strategies for developing new and/or modified products, concepts, goods and services that respond to evolving market needs.
- Develop strategies for the efficient and effective placement/ distribution of products, concepts, goods, and services that respond to evolving markets.
- Evaluate the impact of using different marketing strategies for a product, concept, good and/or service, on the finances, Return on Investment (ROI) and business goals of an organization.
- Evaluate the viability of a concept, product, good and/ or service in a local, national or international markets.
- Conduct market research, to provide information needed to make marketing decisions.
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, graphic and interactive media formats.
- Plan, prepare and deliver a sales presentation or pitch that addresses the needs of the client.
- Develop strategies with clients, customers, and consumers and others, to grow and maintain relationships.
- Develop learning and development strategies and plans, to enhance professional growth in the field.
- Apply entrepreneurial strategies to identify and respond to new career opportunities that might include contract employment, and self-employment initiatives.
- Participate in and contribute to a framework of organizational policies and practices, when conducting business of the organization.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility to business decisions.
- Employ the management techniques of planning, organizing, directing, and controlling of marketing functions and activities, in response to the business needs of the organization.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Graduates may obtain employment in a variety of for profit and non-profit organizations as a Brand Assistant, Coordinator or Manager; Market Analyst; Retail Manager; Marketing Assistant, Coordinator or Manager; Marketing Consultant, Marketing Representative or Product Manager.
Message the school
About this institute
Consider Algonquin’s unique campuses Algonquin College, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, offers an experience that includes personalized learning and industry-ready skills through field-work, work placement and co-op. With more than 300 programs, including degrees and graduate certificates, we have the...
Why study at Algonquin College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Marketing Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!