Energy ManagementAlgonquin College
About this program
The one-year Energy Management Ontario College Graduate Certificate prepares you for an exciting career in energy, innovation, entrepreneurship and the development of efficient new energy technologies.
Learn about energy solutions such as efficiency, conservation and sustainability. Participate in laboratory work, contribute to a real-world project and learn from case-studies in the energy management industry. Explore how to implement, manage, administer and work on energy management practices throughout the program. By analyzing data sets, evaluating the impact of energy efficiency and conservation programs and performing cost-benefit analyses, you obtain highly-regarded skills for the industry.
During your final semester, participate in an energy management project with peers and industry partners. Through in-class discussions and collaboration, you plan and create an energy strategy for a commercial building.
Students also have the option to gain real-world experience through a paid co-operative education (co-op) work term (see Additional Information for more details). Please note that places in the co-op version of the program are subject to availability. Students who elect to apply to the non co-op version of the program may not have the opportunity to transfer to the co-op version at a later date.
This program is well-suited for individuals who:
- Possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Have an aptitude for technology, electrical and/or mechanical systems.
- Are resourceful, self-motivated and enjoy challenges.
- Are committed to sustainability.
- Have strong communication and people skills.
- Possess leadership ability.
- Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma or Degree or equivalent.
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- IELTS -International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Advanced Building Systems
- Energy Concepts
- Energy Industry Landscape
- Alternative Energy Systems
- Cooperative Education Readiness
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Scientific Communication for Public Policy
- Control Systems and Building Automation
- Energy Assessment
- Presenting an Effective Energy Business Case
- Smart Grid and Advanced Metering Technology
- Advanced Analytics and Modelling
- Energy Management Project
- Energy Management Work Term
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Analyze an organization`s current energy profile to plan and establish an energy management strategy.
- Monitor, track and benchmark energy data to compare performance and establish baselines and targets to determine trends.
- Conduct energy assessments to propose optimal energy solutions.
- Recommend energy management options, solutions and technologies to maintain long-term operational and infrastructure efficiency.
- Prepare and present technical reports and proposals in a scientific format using accurate energy terminology.
- Research and apply industry accepted standards for energy analyses.
- Create and present persuasive business cases for energy projects.
- Manage energy project implementation to successfully meet organizational goals.
- Evaluate energy performance using measurement and verification strategies.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Graduates may find employment as conservation or energy management professionals; facilities managers that implement energy solutions in commercial, industrial and residential buildings; energy consultants or energy managers in a variety of workplace settings; energy evaluators; municipal energy officers; technologists with the utilities or power generation industry and in a range of sustainable energy roles.
Message the school
About this institute
Consider Algonquin’s unique campuses Algonquin College, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, offers an experience that includes personalized learning and industry-ready skills through field-work, work placement and co-op. With more than 300 programs, including degrees and graduate certificates, we have the...
Why study at Algonquin College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Energy Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!