About this program
The Digital Health Ontario College Graduate Certificate program helps you understand the ever-changing realities of the healthcare system, shifting towards a digital health ecosystem. This program provides you with the skills to lead and implement projects and contribute to their effectiveness and ultimately, to patient safety.
Through online, in-class and simulation activities, you gain both theoretical and practical knowledge. Your experience is also enhanced through exposure to broad information technology contexts in health care. These may include First Nations and Inuit, rural and remote settings, hospitals and other large healthcare organizations, as well as community-based health care and consumer health. This program provides you with opportunities to access research and development experiences in collaboration with digital health community partners by applying your skills in a hands-on, technology and research-rich learning environment.
By graduation, you understand how to assess, manage and put projects in place in today`s dynamic healthcare system. You may find work leading and managing digital health projects and programs in:
- healthcare institutions
- consulting firms
- government, and
- other private sector health providers
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Enjoy learning about, and working with current technology in the rapidly changing environment of digital health.
- Are comfortable communicating with and leading groups of peers in professional settings.
- Seek opportunities to work with groups of individuals with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Are comfortable making and executing decisions.
- Enjoy presenting and communicating ideas to diverse audiences.
- Value lifelong learning.
- Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Degree or equivalent in a Health, Management or Technology related field.
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
- International applicants who meet the program eligibility requirements are required to complete preparatory courses (4-months in duration): Introduction to Canadian Health Studies (ICHS). Students who successfully complete the introduction will then proceed to their original health program of choice. The ICHS requires applicants to submit an academic IELTS score.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Communication for Digital Health
- Digital Health Information Technology I
- The Canadian Healthcare System
- Values and the Interprofessional Team
- Leadership and Management of Change in Digital Health
- Project Management in Digital Health
- Health Data Standards
- Digital Health Information Technology II
- Workflow, Human Factors and Patient Safety
- Health Ethics and Privacy
- Digital Health Project I
- Education for Digital Health Implementation
- Health Informatics - Project II
- Digital Health Practicum
- Digital Health Seminar
- Digital Health Systems Design and Analysis
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Other Delivery Options:
- Part-time On Campus
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Assess organizational requirements for digital health systems.
- Formulate strategies for selecting and implementing digital health systems.
- Evaluate and anticipate the impact of digital health systems on business/clinical processes, health services delivery and quality across the continuum of care.
- Assess how differing value judgments in healthcare, management, and information sciences influence interprofessional decision-making.
- Apply principles of interprofessional teamwork to communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, colleagues and members of the interprofessional team.
- Analyze, design, develop and implement digital health systems using knowledge of clinical, biomedical and bioethical concepts, clinical care processes, technologies and workflow.
- Identify, select and apply best practices for managing change during the implementation of digital health systems.
- Assess the impact of ethical, legal, financial, and regulatory components of the Canadian healthcare system on digital health decision-making.
- Design and facilitate training in, and/or orientation to, the effective use of health information system technology and health information standards in health-related settings.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Graduates may find employment contributing to digital health projects and programs as project/program managers, outcomes specialists, process improvement specialists/directors, change managers, digital health strategists, clinical informatics managers, solutions architects or information technology directors.
Message the school
About this institute
Consider Algonquin’s unique campuses Algonquin College, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, offers an experience that includes personalized learning and industry-ready skills through field-work, work placement and co-op. With more than 300 programs, including degrees and graduate certificates, we have the...
Why study at Algonquin College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Digital Health? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!