Cyber Security Analysis
The Cyber Security Analysis (CSA) Ontario College Graduate Certificate program is designed to prepare you to meet the market demand for cyber security professionals in the public and private sector.
Throughout the program, you focus analytically on key cyber security principles including threat and vulnerability management, event analysis, laws and ethics relating to security compliance and implementation, cryptographic solutions for data confidentiality and communication protection, cyber incident response, digital forensics processes, disaster recovery and business continuity following cyber incidents and related tools and security appliances. You develop the skills and knowledge necessary to select and deploy the optimal tools and security solutions given unique scenarios.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Possess sound judgement and a strong moral compass.
- Are able to focus attention for long periods in stressful, high-pressure, rapidly changing environments.
- Enjoy solving complex problems, with an ability to think outside-the-box.
- Possess inquisitive, well-organized and analytical natures.
- Work well independently and with others in a team environment.
- Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma or degree, or equivalent in the areas of Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Telecommunications/ Networking, IT/IS Security, Computer/Electronic/Communication Engineering or equivalent; OR
- A Graduate Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, or Degree from an accredited institution in a non-related field, with minimum three years of relevant practical field experience in an IT/IS Security position may be considered;
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band. OR
- TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Threat Management
- Traffic Analytics
- Vulnerability Management
- Security Devices and Appliances
- Applied Cryptography
- Cooperative Education Readiness
- Digital Forensics
- Penetration Testing
- Cyber Incident Response
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Capstone Project
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be prepared to attain certifications including:
- ISC2 SSCP and CISSP
- SANS GSEC and other GIAC certifications
- EC-Council`s CEH and CHFI
- CompTia CySA+ and CASP
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Develop and implement cyber security solutions to protect network systems and data.
- Plan and implement security assessment methodologies, vulnerability management strategies and incident response procedures to generate and communicate security analysis reports and recommendations to the proper level of the organization.
- Recommend processes and procedures for maintenance and deployment of cyber security solutions.
- Select and deploy optimal security appliances and technologies to safeguard an organization`s network.
- Comply with existing industry policies, regulations, and ethics for information systems and information technology security solutions to ensure industry expectations and standards are met or exceeded.
- Analyze security risks to organizations and business processes to mitigate risk in compliance with industry standards.
- Plan and conduct disaster recovery, forensic investigations and incident responses to support Business Continuity of an organization.
- Implement and conduct penetration testing to identify and exploit an organizations` network system vulnerability.
- Perform various types of cyber analysis to detect actual security incidents and suggest solutions.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific factors that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Graduates may find employment in a variety of security related domains in the private, corporate, industrial, governmental or service sectors in a variety of roles including Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber Security Specialist/Technician, Cyber Crime Analyst, Cyber Security Consultant, Cyber Security Developer, Cyber Security Design Specialist, Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Advisor, Embedded Cyber Security Specialist, Cyber Security Solutions Architect, Cyber Security Business Development Leader, Cyber Security Threat Assessor, Cyber Vulnerability Assessor, Cyber Defence Operator, Cyber Forensics Analyst, Cyber Security Project Manager, Cyber Security Protection and Planning Consultant, Cyber Security Compliance Specialist, Cyber Incident Response Specialist, Disaster Recovery Planner, Penetration Tester, Cyber Security Tester and Evaluator, Cyber Security Researcher, Cyber Security Cloud Architect, Cyber Security Policy Analyst.
About this institute
Consider Algonquin’s unique campuses Algonquin College, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, offers an experience that includes personalized learning and industry-ready skills through field-work, work placement and co-op. With more than 300 programs, including degrees and graduate certificates, we have the...
Why study at Algonquin College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Cyber Security Analysis? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Graduate diploma / certificate
Graduate diploma / certificate
Diploma / certificate