About this program
The Business Ontario College Diploma program provides you with a well-rounded foundation in management, human resources, operations, accounting, finance, marketing, international business, and supply chain management. Gain theoretical and applied knowledge to complete projects that reflect real business responsibilities. Develop essential business skills in communication, information technology, teamwork, problem solving, task management, and customer service.
You have the opportunity to collaborate with industry professionals to analyze and find solutions for real-world business issues. Your knowledge and skills come together as you create a professional business plan that mirrors what could be expected in industry.
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- Mathematics, Grade 11 (MBF3C or equivalent).
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject-specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with the minimum of 20 in each component: Reading: 20; Listening: 20; Speaking: 20; Writing: 20.
Should the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of available places, applicants will be selected on the basis of their proficiency in English and mathematics.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Are well-organized and can work effectively under tight time constraints.
- Possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Have strong communication (written, oral, technology) and interpersonal abilities.
- What to work in or manage existing business.
- Perform well working both independently and collaboratively.
- Enjoy working in an office environment.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Business Computer Applications
- Communications I
- Skills for Academic and Business Success
- Introduction to Management Fundamentals
- Business Mathematics
- Accounting Concepts I
- Global Business Environment
- Communications II
- Human Resources Management
- Accounting Concepts II
- Introduction to Project Management
- Material and Operations Management
- Marketing Research
- Database and Advanced Excel Concepts
- Business Law
- Work Integrated Learning
- Business Planning
- Selling for Success
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Other Delivery Options:
- Full-time Online
- Part-time Online
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Identify and discuss the impact of global issues on an organization`s business opportunities by using an environmental scan.
- Apply principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics to support an organization`s business initiatives.
- Use current concepts/systems and technologies to support an organization`s business initiatives.
- Apply basic research skills to support business decision making.
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of projects.
- Perform work in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and business practices.
- Explain the role of the human resource function and its impact on an organization.
- Use accounting and financial principles to support the operations of an organization.
- Describe and apply marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organization.
- Outline principles of supply chain management and operations management.
- Outline and assess the components of a business plan.
- Develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance in the business field.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Graduates of Business programs may work in a broad range of employment settings in all sectors of business and industry, both domestic and international, including manufacturers, retailers, medical facilities, financial institutions, government offices, consulting firms, and other large and small businesses. As this program is general in nature, it is designed to offer a wide choice of career opportunities and continuing business education options upon graduation.
Message the school
About this institute
Consider Algonquin’s unique campuses Algonquin College, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, offers an experience that includes personalized learning and industry-ready skills through field-work, work placement and co-op. With more than 300 programs, including degrees and graduate certificates, we have the...
Why study at Algonquin College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Business? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!