About this program
Advertising and Marketing Communications Management
The three-year Advertising and Marketing Communications Management Ontario College Advanced Diploma program prepares you to take your career into many industries. By combining business theory and creative messaging, this industry-respected program enables you to develop skills in idea conceptualizing, copywriting, layout and production design. You also develop integrated marketing communications strategies through researching what drives target audiences, and planning how to reach them effectively.
Experienced industry-connected faculty prepare you to plan, create and implement marketing communications. Key class projects work on real advertising and marketing communications issues with local companies as clients. As well, alumni and industry leaders act as guest speakers in every semester.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Are creative and show initiative.
- Are disciplined in their studies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have above-average written and oral communication ability.
- Enjoy problem solving in a team environment.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent) with a grade of 70% or higher.
- Mathematics, Grade 11 (MBF3C or equivalent).
- Applicants with international transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above and may be required to provide proof of language proficiency. Domestic applicants with international transcripts must be evaluated through the International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS) or World Education Services (WES).
- IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 88, with a minimum of 22 in each component: Reading 22; Listening 22; Speaking 22; Writing 22.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Ad Workshop I
- The Marketing Concept
- Switching on Your Right Brain
- Advertising I
- Communications I
- Ad Workshop II
- Media Buying and Selling
- Copywriting 101
- Advertising II
- How Consumers Get to Yes
- Researching for Insight
- Presentation Skills
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
For more information about tuition fees, please visit the college website.
Credential: Ontario College Advanced Diploma
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Determine, analyze and respond to clients` advertising and marketing communications objectives, by applying principles of marketing and communications.
- Perform a market segmentation analysis, determine the organization`s target market audience and define the consumer behaviour of each segment.
- Develop an integrated advertising and marketing communications plan and persuasively present and defend it.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of integrated advertising and marketing communications initiatives.
- Develop advertising and marketing communications material in compliance with current Canadian legislation, industry standards and business practices.
- Develop creative solutions to address advertising and marketing communications challenges.
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate projects by applying principles of project management.
- Complete all work in a professional, ethical and timely manner.
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility, economic commitment and environmental stewardship.
Graduates may find employment in the creative and client-service roles in advertising agencies. They may also work in any organization, regardless of industry, that has a marketing, communications, media or promotions department. Opportunities and roles exist in advertising, events, PR, digital, social media, promotions, sales and media fields. With experience, graduates may become self-employed or launch new advertising or marketing communications businesses.
Message the school
About this institute
Consider Algonquin’s unique campuses Algonquin College, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, offers an experience that includes personalized learning and industry-ready skills through field-work, work placement and co-op. With more than 300 programs, including degrees and graduate certificates, we have the...
Why study at Algonquin College
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Advertising and Marketing Communications Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!