About this program
Bachelor in System Engineering
Starting September 2022, students who successfully complete their undergraduate studies will receive dual degrees awarded by Algebra University College and Goldsmiths, University of London.
Systems Engineers are the second most sought-after group of IT experts in Croatia. Should you choose to embark on this career, there is a demanding and challenging multidisciplinary profession waiting for you.
The course program is a perfect choice if you love to think outside the box, come up with solutions to complex problems or simply to create order out of chaos (or is it the other way around).
Upon receiving our diploma, you’ll know everything there is to know about design and maintenance of computer systems and complex computer networks. You’re bound to become an expert on computer security as well as learn all about optimization methods and risk management.
All candidates who have completed secondary school have right to enrol. Candidates who have completed secondary school outside the Republic of Croatia will have to submit a formal decision issued by the Croatian Ministry of Science, Education and Sports on the foreign educational qualification recognition.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- English for IT
- Kinesiological culture 1
- Basics of digital electronics
- Business software tools
- Introduction to computer networks
- Computer architecture
- Kinesiological culture 2
- Mathematical analysis
- Operating systems
- Basics of business economics
- Routing and switching in computer networks
- Introduction to databases
- Administration of operating systems
- Administration of open source operating systems
- Authentication systems and databases
- Implementing complex network environments
- Basics of business communication
- Probability and statistics
- Advanced administration of operating systems
- Advanced administration of open source operating systems
- Project management
- Information system security 1
- Computer network security
- Virtualization of IT systems
- Automatization and orchestration in IT systems
- Collaboration systems
- Organization and management
- Management of information systems
- Backup and recovery of IT systems
- Information system security 2
- Implementation of information systems
- Virtualization using open source and commercial solutions
- Implementing local wireless computer networks
- Information systems in business administration
- System engineering - Practicum
- Final thesis/Internship
- ICT tools in project management
- Implementing cloud computing
- Implementing voice over IP solution
- Software defined networks
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The academic intake for Algebra University College takes place annually in late September/early October.
For more information about pricing and tuition fees, please visit the university website.
ECTS points: 180
Algebra University College title: bacc. ing. comp. Bachelor of Computer Engineering, sub-specialization in Systems Engineering
Goldsmiths, University of London title: BSc in Applied Computer Engineering (Systems Engineering)
Certifications obtained during studies
- ECDL Standard
- Microsoft CSA
- Red Hat CSA
- SMF – ITIL Foundation
- Cisco CNA
General learning outcomes
- Actively, in speech and writing, communicate in English in the field of computer science and applied computing,
- Evaluate and analyze problems in the field of expertise using concepts of information theory, applied mathematical theory and best engineering practices,
- Suggest solutions in the field of applied computing by analyzing and evaluating current knowledge, models and solutions in the field of the expertise,
- Apply complex research and analysis methods to determine detailed user or organizational requirements for information solutions or systems
- Identify, analyze and explain the problems of applying, polishing and implementing existing information systems in a wider business context and propose adequate solutions
- Information Systems Security Administrator
- Development of Business Information Systems
- Development and Administration of Information Systems
- Project Management in IT
Message the school
About this institute
Algebra University College
Algebra University College was established in 2008 as a private not-for-profit higher education institution and soon after became recognized as a part of the official Croatian higher education system through the process of initial accreditation. The founder of Algebra University...
Why study at Algebra University College
Would you describe yourself as creative, curious and open-minded?
If your answer is yes to any of the above, then Algebra University College is the right choice for you!
Digital technologies represent the fastest growing area of the IT industry, one that records a strong growth in revenue and number of employees in Croatia and the world. In other words, by choosing a career in the propulsive and growing digital industry, you are guaranteed to have a head start.
Our study programs are focused on the acquisition of practical and applicable knowledge required by the IT industry. The acquired knowledge is additionally confirmed by international IT certification programs provided by our University College, ensuring maximum visibility and employability for each alumni.
We continually improve our educational programs and teaching approach in line with the labor market requirements, technological trends and the needs of the future. The inexhaustible pace that we have set for ourselves has made Algebra University College a top professional higher education institution unsurpassed in the Croatian educational system. At the end of the day, it does make a difference which career you choose and where you forge it.
Therefore, allow us to take you towards the digital future.
Average rating 5Based on 9 reviews.
Want to know more about Bachelor in System Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America