MSc in Shipping ManagementAlba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece
MSc in Shipping Management
Shipping is one of the most important sectors in the global economy. Moreover, Greece is a country with a long standing tradition in shipping and the home of more than 700 shipping companies: the Greeks control the biggest fleet in the world in terms of both value and size. As a result there is a need for shipping graduates with advanced management skills and knowledge.
The MSc in Shipping Management program is designed to transform young graduates and early career professionals into seasoned professionals equipped with the skills, knowledge and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and highly competitive world of shipping. A specialized program, providing students with a holistic and in depth knowledge of the most important issues in modern commercial shipping.
Duration for this course is Full Time (12m) & Part Time (24m) / Evening classes
To be considered for admission, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree; - Provide evidence of excellent command of the English language;
- Need to be currently employed or self-employed (valid for the part time mode only) GMAT tests are optional unless the Academic Committee requires the applicant to take them: in any case, scores of 550 or more (GRE >155) can strengthen your application and help you secure a scholarship.
The MSc in Shipping Management is Designed for:
- Recent graduates looking for a career within the shipping industry.
- Shipping professionals who wish to enrich their know-how and improve their professional status.
- Officers of the Merchant Marine serving both at sea & onshore.
- Members of family businesses in shipping preparing to take on increasing responsibility in their companies.
- Young professionals with the determination to enter the shipping industry.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Maritime Economics
- Ship Technology
- Business Writing & Presentation Skills
- Financial Fundamentals
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Ship Management
- International Shipping Policy
- Maritime Law
- HR in Shipping
- Maritime Accounting
- Marine Insurance & Carriage of Goods by Sea
- Shipping Finance
- Ship Chartering & Charter Party Analysis
- Liner Shipping & Ports
- Strategic Management for Shipping Services
Scholarships & funding
Partial scholarships are available for international students. Please send us an information request or visit Alba’s website by clicking the visit webpage button above
Through the MSc in Shipping Management program, you will:
- Acquire an in depth knowledge of the concepts and the processes involved in the management of a shipping company.
- Become familiar with technical terms and particularities of ocean-going vessels.
- Be able to identify and discuss legal issues which rise in international transport transactions.
- Become up to date with the latest trends and issues in the shipping industry and be able to evaluate their impact on it.
- Understand the sources of risk that modern shipping companies face and identify the range of company strategies available in the context of industry constraints.
- Develop global viewpoint and a critical way of thinking.
About this institute
Alba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece
Alba Graduate Business School, the American College of Greece is one of the top graduate business schools in Europe, located in Athens. It is accredited by AMBA, NECHE and EPAS (EFMD) and it is famous for being innovative (AMBA innovation...
Want to know more about MSc in Shipping Management? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.