MSc in Finance
This program presents a premier academic qualification for those interested in an international career in finance in Greece and abroad. While the modern corporate world experiences cataclysmic changes and disruptions in the way that capital markets operate, our MSc in Finance program prepares aspiring and seasoned finance professionals for a successful career in the areas of banking, corporate finance, investment management, risk management and treasury management.
We offer a wide range of specialization streams in:
- Corporate Finance
- Risk Management
The innovative design of the program and its market led curriculum equips students with relevant, up to date, skills and knowledge while offers a flexible program of study that enables students to choose from a variety of courses and adjust the duration of their studies according their own needs. The program is both affiliated by CFA and PRMIA, accredited by EPAS and NECHE and regularly reviewed by both academic and practitioner committees to strike an optimum balance between theory and practice. These committees review the curriculum and the delivery methods while ensure that the program offers sufficient practical applications of the knowledge that make sense in today’s world of business. As a result of the above efforts we manage to maintain exceptionally high placement rates, reaching up to 100% in a 6-moth-period after graduation.
To be considered for admission, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or be a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA chart holder), or have passed all three levels of CFA exams
- Provide evidence of excellent command of the English language;
- Need to be currently employed or self-employed (valid for the part time mode only) GMAT tests are optional unless the Academic Committee requires the applicant to take them: in any case, scores of 550 or more (GRE >155) can strengthen your application and help you secure a scholarship.
The MSc in Finance Is Designed for:
- University graduates with a solid quantitative background wishing to launch a career in finance.
- Professionals who hold finance related positions and want to enhance their professional status.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Quantitative Tools in Finance
- Financial Accounting
- Business Writing & Presentation Skills
- Workshop in STATA
- Global Economic Environment
- Corporate Finance & Valuation
- Business and Financial Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Portfolio Management & Investments
- Financial Modelling
- Fixed Income Analysis & Portfolio Management | Investments Stream
- Corporate Treasury Management | Corporate Finance Stream
- Financial Risk Management | Risk Management Stream
- Finance Digitalization | FinTech Stream
- Elective courses from another stream
- Advanced Equity Analysis & Portfolio Management | Investments Stream
- Advanced Corporate Finance | Corporate Finance Stream
- Corporate Risk Management | Risk Management Stream
- Big Data Analytics | FinTech Stream
- Elective courses from another stream
- Security Analysis | Investments & Corporate Finance Stream
- Advanced Financial Accounting |investments & Corporate Finance Stream
- Credit Risk Modeling and Data Analytics |Risk Management & FinTech Stream
- Financial Econometrics & Forecasting | Risk Management & FinTech Stream
Scholarships & funding
After completing the program participants should be able to:
- Comprehend qualitatively and quantitatively the core areas of finance.
- Understand current trends and practices in the financial industry.
- Understand and critically evaluate the practical applications of financial theories and techniques and how they are used in the financial industry.
- Apply the techniques and methods of finance to conduct independent research projects.
- Display strong analytical and communication skills.
- Appreciate the importance of business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Make use of the latest technology to design and perform new applications in corporate finance, risk management and investment/ retail banking.
About this institute
Alba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece
Alba Graduate Business School, the American College of Greece is one of the top graduate business schools in Europe, located in Athens. It is accredited by AMBA, NECHE and EPAS (EFMD) and it is famous for being innovative (AMBA innovation...
Want to know more about MSc in Finance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
Hong Kong, China