Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant
The Occupational Therapy Department provides an environment where students can pursue expertise in occupational therapy while developing themselves spiritually, intellectually, and socially. We are committed to educating competent occupational therapy assistants with an understanding of Christian beliefs, values, principles, and the University’s mission of health care as ministry. It is our goal to incorporate excellence, spirituality, and stewardship into the curriculum.
We require a minimum cumulative, unweighted high school GPA of 2.70 or 12 college credits from a regionally accredited college with a 2.70 minimum GPA—a cumulative record of all college-level work.
English Language Proficiency
While applying to the University, all students for whom English is not their primary language must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Successful completion of college-level English Composition I from an English-speaking regionally accredited college with a minimum grade of “C”, or
- Graduation from an English-speaking high school and successful completion of two semesters of Senior high school English, English ESOL, or AP Language & Composition with a minimum grade of “C”; or
- For Early Acceptance students, from an English-speaking high school, successful completion of two semesters of Junior year high school English, English ESOL, or AP Language & Composition with a minimum grade of “C”.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The OTA program is developmental in nature. The first two semesters each have one OTA class with several general education courses. The program consists of 4 core areas of practice: psychosocial, geriatrics, adults with physical disabilities, and pediatrics. Each core class has a corresponding practicum, which allows students to learn in the classroom while applying their knowledge in a clinical setting. The last semester of the OTA program consists of two (2), eight (8) week level II internships.
First Year- Fall
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology I Lab
- English Composition I
- Medical Terminology
- Matthew 25: A
- Introduction to Occupational Therapy
- Philosophy of Healthcare
First Year - Spring
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
- English Composition II
- Applied Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Matthew 25: B
- Patient Care Skills in Occupational Therapy
- General Psychology
First Year - Summer
- Psychosocial Issues in Occupational Therapy
- Psychosocial Occupational Therapy Practicum
- Therapeutic Media and Technology
- Concepts of Pathophysiology
- Developmental Psychology
Second Year - Fall
- Occupational Therapy in Geriatrics
- Occupational Performance Practicum
- Occupational Therapy in Physical Dysfunction
- Physical Dysfunction Occupational Therapy Practicum
- Issues in Grieving and Loss
Second Year - Spring
- Occupational Therapy in Pediatrics
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy Practicum
- Professional Issues in Occupational Therapy
- Introduction to Christian Ethics
- Survey of Mathematics (3) or higher level math
Second Year - Summer
- Supervised Clinical Practice I
- Supervised Clinical Practice II
- Seminar for Clinical Practice
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Contact the provider for pricing
Degree Level: Associates Degree
Many of our AS graduates complete their bachelor's degree and then pursue a master's in Occupational Therapy.
About this institute
AdventHealth University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution specializing in healthcare education in a faith-affirming environment. Service-oriented and guided by the values of nurture, excellence, spirituality, and stewardship, the University seeks to develop leaders who will practice healthcare as a ministry....
Want to know more about Associate of Science in Occupational Therapy Assistant? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Grayslake, United States of America
Appleton, United States of America
Lynnwood, United States of America
Potsdam, United States of America