Master in Sustainable Fashion Design
Accademia del Lusso's one-year Master’s in Sustainable Fashion Design is a full-time intensive course which shapes students into fashion designers who have a strong awareness of ethical and sustainable fashion.
The curriculum provides students with an in-depth understanding of creative and design aspects combined with a thorough technical knowledge of production and industrialisation, whilst ensuring an ethical procedure at every stage, beginning with materials and planning.
The course contains highly specialising modules such as garment construction, textile design, fabric finishings and embellishments, and accessory collections, providing students with a wide-ranging specialised skill set that will enable them to cover high-profile roles in fashion and luxury companies worldwide.
Taught by experts from the industry, the course gives students the opportunity to enhance their creative skills whilst also developing business awareness and critical thinking.
The course curriculum is forward-looking and varied and combines classroom lectures with seminars, practical workshops including meetings with brands, businesses, and industry experts, as well as field trips to trade fairs, fashion events, businesses and other key sector locations and businesses.
- 3-year undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
- Suitable knowledge of English
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Fashion Graphic Design (Photoshop &Illustrator)
- Collection Design & Planning
- Accessories Collection Development & Processing
- Collection Costing & Processing
- Buying Techniques & Merchandising
- Moulage & 3D Patternmaking
- Textile Design
- Fabric Finishings & Embellishments
- Eco-Fashion & Sustainable Fabrics
- Personal Branding & Portfolio
- Project Management & Start-Up
Scholarships & funding
- For EU citizens: €20,950
- For non-EU citizens: €25,950
This Master’s Course will prepare you for top roles in the design of fashion and luxury products and collections, particularly in the evermore important area of sustainable fashion, including:
- Sustainable Fashion Design
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Footwear & Accessories Design
- Fashion Collection Management
- Fashion Product Management
- Fashion Production
- Buying for the Fashion and Luxury Sector
- Textiles & Materials Research
- Art Direction
- Fashion Consultancy
The knowledge and skills you’ll acquire during the course will also be transferable to roles within other industries.
Accademia del Lusso maintains close contact with leading fashion and luxury brands and businesses. Our student Placement Office works to create new job and internship opportunities in the sector and also guides and orientates students in their search for placements relevant to their studies and career aims.
You’ll be supported in developing self-promotion skills and will gain access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.
Are you interested in the world of high, luxury fashion? Then check out this video full of snapshots of photo shoots, events, and more. Accademia del Lusso provides professional preparation for students from across the globe who want to acquire expert knowledge and skills.
About this institute
Accademia del Lusso School of Fashion & Design
Founded in 2005, Accademia del Lusso is a highly specialized School of Fashion & Design. The school has trained many key professional figures in the fashion, design and luxury sectors. The main campus is located in Via Montenapoleone, an inspiring location at the...
Why study at Accademia del Lusso School of Fashion & Design
- Exclusive, unrivalled location on Via Montenapoleone at the heart of Milan’s fashion district.
- Excellent industry links and direct contact throughout courses with brands and businesses in the fashion and luxury sectors.
- Top-quality teaching from working fashion experts ensures authentic content and provides students with the skills to launch a successful career
- Small class sizes guarantee a quality learning experience and plenty of one-to-one contact with teachers
- Theoretical learning is combined with practical workshops and authentic industry experience
- Courses are taught directly in English
- High level of student satisfaction
- Alumni working at top global fashion companies or have launched their own brands
- Learn the values and traditions of Made in Italy within a global context
- End-of-year student fashion show with an international audience of industry experts, media & influencers
Want to know more about Master in Sustainable Fashion Design? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...