BA (Hons) Game Design and ProductionAbertay University
BA (Hons) Game Design and Production
All available course dates
BA (Hons) Game Design and Production
Developed for creative and technically minded people with a desire to become a key part of the games industry, this degree is designed to make you work-ready, teaching you game concept and asset creation, game prototyping, and production and leadership skills.
As a student on this programme, you will:
- Work alongside artists, programmers and audio specialists in small development teams to design and develop computer games
- Study the historical context and fundamentals of game design, interaction and narrative theory
- Develop professional skills in level design, concept development, project management and entrepreneurship
- Learn how interactive entertainment products are designed, developed and marketed
You’ll be encouraged to work creatively and professionally as a game designer, communicating concepts through prototypes, game assets, documentation and presentations, in addition to honing your communication and management skills through multidisciplinary projects.
- All applicants must have passes in English and Maths - National 5 grade C or GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent. National 5 ESOL is accepted in lieu of National 5 English. National 5 Lifeskill Maths is not accepted in lieu of Maths.
Subjects that are accepted for entry
- One of the following: Business Management; Classical Studies; Economics; English; ESOL; Geography; History; Media Studies; Modern Studies; Philosophy; Politics; Psychology; Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies; Sociology
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Developing Game Concepts
- Game Art Production
- Game Engines and Programming
- Quality Assurance & User Experience
- Game Studies and Criticism
- Gameplay and Narrative Design
- 3D Design for Games
- Level Design and Scripting
- User Interfaces and Interaction Design
- Interactive Media Production
- Production and Leadership
- Professional Project
- Game Design Practice
- Honours Project Proposal and Development
- The Creative Industries
- Honours Project
- Honours Project Dissertation
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Scottish & EU Students: £1,820
- English, Welsh & Northern Irish Students: £9,250
- International Students: £15500
Award Title: BA (Hons)
We work closely with leading game developers such as 4J Studios, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Microsoft and Ubisoft, making graduates of this course highly employable within the games Industry.
Previous Abertay graduates have found employment as:
- Game designers
- Associate producers
- Quality assurance testers
- Community managers
These roles are spread across a variety of projects, including AAA games, independent, mobile and online marketplaces. The production and leadership theme of the program has also thrust entrepreneurial Graduates towards forming their own companies in the games or media sectors.
About this institute
Abertay University, in Dundee, is the UK University of the Year for Teaching Quality (The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021) and a UK top 10 institution for both student satisfaction and teaching (Guardian University Guide 2021). Having...
Want to know more about BA (Hons) Game Design and Production? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Detroit, United States of America