About this program
Master's Program in Machine Learning, Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
Machine learning is one of the strong points of Aalto University. This solid education in modern computational data analysis gives you excellent opportunities for a career in research institutions or in the private sector in the rapidly developing fields of machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence.
Admission criteria to the program is a high quality Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, communications engineering, or electrical engineering. Excellent candidates with degrees in other fields such as information systems, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics or physics will be considered if they have sufficient studies and proven skills and knowledge in the required areas.
For more information, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Chat with students
The major in Machine Learning, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (Macadamia) covers a wide range of topics in modern computational data analysis and modelling methodologies.
After graduating from this program, the student:
- is able to formalize data-intensive problems in data science and artificial intelligence in terms of the underlying statistical and computational principles.
- is able to assess suitability of different machine learning methods for solving a particular new problem encountered in industry or academia, and apply the methods to the problem.
- can interpret the results of a machine learning algorithm, assess their credibility, and communicate the results with experts of other fields.
- can implement common machine learning methods, and design and implement novel algorithms by modifying the existing approaches.
- understands the theoretical foundations of the machine learning field to the extent required for being able to follow research in the field.
- understands the opportunities that machine learning offers in data science and artificial intelligence.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. For more information, please visit the university website.
For non-EU/EEA citizens: €15000/year
Upon completion of the program, students will graduate with a Master of Science (Technology) degree.
The graduates of the Macadamia major have an excellent background for pursuing an academic career within the fields of machine learning, data science and artificial intelligence, as well as in the industry applying those techniques.
Typical job titles of recent graduates include Analyst, Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, DevOps Engineer, Machine Learning Software Engineer, PhD student, Research Assistant, Software Developer, Software Engineer.
About this institute
With a unique combination of technology, arts and business programmes, of which more than 100 are offered in English, Aalto University is an excellent study choice for international students. Around 25% of our 13,000 degree students are international, making us...
Be the first to write a review!